Talk

Advanced search

Mastitis

(4 Posts)
RosHarper Sat 01-Aug-09 16:35:17

I had mastitis for 4 and a half weeks, and I have been on various courses of antibiotics including IV antibiotics in hospital. I have a lump the size of a tennis ball, and it is a very hot heavy breast! I have tried all the sort of usual remedies, hot baths, massaging lump, expressing, cabbage leaves, hot/cold compresses. I am feeding from infected breast, but now it has become too unbearable to feed so I am trying to pump but barely any milk is coming out when pumping.
Has anyone got any other suggestions please as that would be of great help to me as I am very desperate to feel better again, as I have got to the stage of giving up breast milk altogether and going on formula. Please. Thank you..

Sassyfrassy Sat 01-Aug-09 18:19:33

That sounds absolutely terrible. Would you be able to get in touch with a breastfeeding consultant? You could try nct, la leche league, or see if there is a baby cafe near you. I really think you should see someone with proper experience and knowledge of breastfeeding to get some help.

http://www.thebabycafe.co.uk/

RosHarper Sun 02-Aug-09 16:17:34

Thank you Sassyfrassy, thats sounds great! But would they help with my mastitis? As I really need medical help, rather than help on breast feeding because he latches on perfectly, I am just in a lot of pain! Thank you though...

MrsDimples Sun 02-Aug-09 18:11:37

Have you had it scanned / ultrasound to see if its an abcess?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now