Talk

Advanced search

breastpad recommendations!!

(21 Posts)
piglips Sat 01-Aug-09 08:47:07

i use pigeon breastpads but can't seem to get any in the uk. i bought a pack of j&j and the damp goes throught to the bra (tmi) also the pad is much smaller. are any other brands better? please help

laurz75 Sat 01-Aug-09 08:51:40

Tommee Tippee are brilliant - they have some sort of stuff that soaks up any leakage ( a bit like disposable nappies). Have BF 2 dc and would highly recommend.

onehitwonder Sat 01-Aug-09 08:53:25

second vote for tommee tippee. The most comfortable I have found.

kitpuss Sat 01-Aug-09 09:22:27

I have always used cloth breastpads, avent and boots do them. I found them really comfortable, and I used them for months, you just pop them in your white wash. And then if you use disposable nappies you can feel like you are doing a little bit for the environment!!

OmniDroid Sat 01-Aug-09 09:35:30

Lansinoh have been far and away the best for a big leaker like me! All the others lost shape / leaked through as the day went on.

MegBusset Sat 01-Aug-09 09:43:29

I have just bought some Mothercare reusable ones. They are bigger than disposables and v comfy.

undomesticatedgoddess Sat 01-Aug-09 17:16:35

A vote for the Avent re-usable ones here too.

I find all the disposables end up all squished in the bottom of my bra and the cloth ones have more 'structure' to them.

TurtleAnn Sat 01-Aug-09 21:46:29

Another vote for Lansinoh - they were a life saver while I leaked and leaked and leaked

sweetkitty Sat 01-Aug-09 21:47:35

Boots washables here

tassisssss Sat 01-Aug-09 21:48:20

I liked tommee tippee too

BoffinMum Sat 01-Aug-09 22:04:30

A vote here for silicon Lily Padz, with a Lansinoh between them and the bra if there is likely to be a flood.

Lily Padz can also be worn while swimming and are invisible under sheer tops and t-shirts.

greensnail Sat 01-Aug-09 22:12:10

i liked boots washables best

juanitad Sun 02-Aug-09 19:35:42

Lansinoh for me, comfy and best at soaking up the excess. Plus they stay in place, unlike some others.

Montifer Sun 02-Aug-09 19:37:47

Lansinoh washables, soft and comfy

LissyGlitter Sun 02-Aug-09 19:47:20

I found that washables (I forget which brand) didn't soak much up as they weren't "molded" to the shape of my boob, if that makes sense. Does anyone know of any washables that are? I'm getting to the point in this pregnancy where I will be needing them very soon. My bras are already starting to get a bit stained, and it's not nice waking up all sticky in the morning!

MrsTittleMouse Sun 02-Aug-09 19:49:32

My top tip is not to bulk buy any until you have tried them out. I know loads of women who swear by Lansinoh, but they wrinkled horribly on me. It seems to be that they're not shaped for larger breasts. Johnsons worked much better, but then I didn't have a huge flow.

CloudDragon Sun 02-Aug-09 20:04:58

I used tommee tippee and washables.

The TTs where good for absorbancy when I leaked loads but the washables were good as the disposables (and I tried them all) made me a bit sore (sensitve skin).

Washables where brilliant later on when didn't leak as much.

redtabby Sun 02-Aug-09 20:55:30

I have Raynaud's phenomenon (nipple blanching) and merino wool breast pads have practically saved my life. They are like little jerseys for your boobs.

alibobble Mon 03-Aug-09 11:34:15

boots own brand ultra slim are great but don't know if you want reusables as they are disposable

determination Mon 03-Aug-09 20:12:08

I used the Heavenly Breast Pads by Breastfeeding Heaven and they are exactly the same as the lansinoh ones only 1/3 of the prince, handy ;)

determination Mon 03-Aug-09 20:12:52

price!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now