Talk

Advanced search

Aptamil question

(6 Posts)
OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 29-Jul-09 23:38:16

On behalf of DS2, his GF and their gorgeous, three week old son: does Aptamil have a reputation for causing excessive wind in babies? My DGS farts like nothing else on earth! shockgrin

PortAndLemon Thu 30-Jul-09 00:27:50

I have no idea, but DS (in particular) was exclusively breastfed and still farted like nothing else on earth. We'd be lying in bed with this tiny little cute thing asleep in his cot and suddenly this NOISE would reverberate around the entire room, rumbling off the walls and probably disturbing the neighbours. It seemed inconceivable that anything so small could fart quite so much and quite so loudly.

Congratulations on your grandson, by the way.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 30-Jul-09 01:21:04

Thank you, PortAndLemon, I'll pass that on to them. He is incredibly handsome, and the very spit of his father, of course. grin

HoppityBunny Thu 30-Jul-09 10:15:55

Aptamil also been done for advertising misleading claims.

See ethic formula thread.

bamboobutton Thu 30-Jul-09 10:18:30

ds had awful wind/colic/reflux on aptamil.

having tried every brand except farleys i can say that Hipp was the best for my ds.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 30-Jul-09 21:33:56

This thread, HoppityBunny? Thanks, there's an interesting link to the Ethical Consumer site on that thread too.

Cheers, bamboobutton, I guess it's trial and error then - though I'll pass on the Hipp suggestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now