Talk

Advanced search

what to do about milk feeds whilst on holiday

(5 Posts)
lizzyb146 Tue 28-Jul-09 22:18:39

I am going on holiday soon with my 6 month old DD, DH and family. Am currently BF exclusively but am too self conscious to BF in public. morning tea and evening feeds ok as will be at holiday cottage - what do you think I should do about lunch feed when out for day - thought i might bottle feed for this feed only. do you think this will be ok.
Wish I had more confidence to BF in public dont mind seeing other people but cant sum up courage to do myself.

onepieceoflollipop Tue 28-Jul-09 22:20:55

If your dd is having several other milk feeds, perhaps (as she will be over 6 months) she would take water/ebm in a bottle or cup in the middle of the day. You could continue with your plan of giving the other feeds in the cottage, and one or two extra feeds if the opportunity arises and you feel comfortable. Is she taking a small amount of solids and/or water?

It is entirely up to you if you introduce a bottle of formula, it's a personal decision (imo)

lizzyb146 Tue 28-Jul-09 22:41:36

Thanks
DD is having 4/5 BFs a day plus 2/3 meals a day - am struggling to find her something she likes for breastfast so somedays doesnt have anything, does take some water with her feeds but am also still offering a BF.
Do you think it will be ok then to just give her milk feeds in the cottage and leave her just with water during day - will be out approx 10 til 5ish.

onepieceoflollipop Wed 29-Jul-09 10:45:58

So she would be cutting down from 4/5 feeds a day to 3/4 feeds.

If she is eating well, why not offer more "wet" foods while you are out and about such as yogurt, rice pudding, even a small amount of smoothie. This might make you feel a bit more relaxed about the temporary small cut down in bf.

lizzyb146 Wed 29-Jul-09 17:19:55

will do thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now