Talk

Advanced search

Aptamil stage 1 cartons - unavailable?

(9 Posts)
aendr Tue 28-Jul-09 14:03:02

In my area I can't find these anywhere, all the shelves are empty - I'm going to have to switch brands or ages (I've been resisting using follow on milk as I reckon it's just a ploy to evade the advertising rules). Is this shortage nationwide or just local to me? Anyone know which other brand tastes most like Aptamil?

WesternBelle Tue 28-Jul-09 14:17:28

That's funny - can't find them round here either! Have been missing off the shelves for a week or two. Had just thought that someone had been bulk buying in our local area or something.

Have been using Cow&Gate Stage 1 instead and it's fine. Whereabouts are you?

MadEyeballsMoody Tue 28-Jul-09 14:19:52

Now you come to mention it, I haven't seen them recently either. DD is past that stage but totally loves her milk and so I keep a couple in the car for stuck-in-bad-traffic emergencies.

aendr Tue 28-Jul-09 14:34:30

Cambridgeshire.
We use them whenever we're out and about and first thing in the morning when it's rather earlier than I want to be pottering downstairs, but have hopes of going back to sleep after the feed (we take a bottle and a carton up to bed with us).

lucysnowe Tue 28-Jul-09 15:00:44

No, I never could find them when I was using them. DH was once stuck behind a woman at the checkout who had a basket full of them and was very tempted to nick one!

nct73 Tue 28-Jul-09 15:05:14

no problems finding them in manchester. i noticed they do an easy to digest formula but only seen in powder form. anyone tried it?

JRocks Tue 28-Jul-09 15:09:30

Tesco was full of them yesterday - must just be your area

TurtleAnn Wed 29-Jul-09 12:42:14

There is a supply problem, I called C&G last week and they left me with the impression there is a problem at the factory.
C&G and Aptamil are made by the same overall company.
There is no problem with the powered stuff.

WesternBelle Wed 29-Jul-09 22:04:39

That makes sense. Come to think of it there were only 7 small cartons of Cow&Gate left and none at all of the Aptamil Stage 1.

Usually the shelves are full, there was a big space where they usually live.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now