Talk

Advanced search

Why was I so upset by this?????

(65 Posts)
trinityrocks Sun 22-May-05 18:31:13

I jokingly asked my hubby if he wanted to try my breastmilk and he didn't, he wasn't mean about it or anything and I had said it jokingly but I got really upset in privatew later and I can't really work out why. I have since explained to him that although I said it jokingly I was really upset that he seemed like he would never try it and why would he(not in a nasty way). He said he hadn't realised that I was upset and he hadn't realised that I actually wanted him to, he really thought I was just joking. anyway my 5 yr DD1 has justed asked to try it so I expressed some into a glass and she tried it, she was really eager to try but she said she didn't like it. Thats fine but I have some left (just a sip or two) shall I poop it in the fridge and offer it to my hubby when he comes in later??????? he now knows I'm serious so I would have thought that he would try it, idon't care if he hates the taste but trying it has sudden'y become important to me, Am I crazy?????

trinityrocks Sun 22-May-05 18:31:54

that should be pop.........obviously

emmatom Sun 22-May-05 18:32:19

Does sound a bit odd to be honest.

hunkermunker Sun 22-May-05 18:33:20

Have you tried it yourself? I wouldn't inflict breastmilk on an unwilling victim, that's for sure (DS loves it, but he's odd - see bathwater and scared of grass threads for more evidence...)

aloha Sun 22-May-05 18:34:00

Yup! Completely mad. Would you want to drink someone else's breastmilk? I wouldn't. <<<shudder>>>> - and I'm breastfeeding atm.
I think it's quite odd to want to taste your wife's breatsmilk, actually. Not wrong or anything, she hastens to add, but I think it's odd.
I think you might be a teensy bit hormonal if you are taking this personally. Leave the poor bloke alone. I don't even want to taste my own breastmilk, come to think of it. Yuk.

trinityrocks Sun 22-May-05 18:34:59

I've tasted it and it's like very sweet milk, it's not nice warm but frideged it's nice, I wouldn't have ever asled him to try it unless I had and it was nice

aloha Sun 22-May-05 18:35:10

Why not get him a beer instead. Much better for your relationship IMO!

emmatom Sun 22-May-05 18:36:15

It's not meant for him, it's for your baby!

Twiglett Sun 22-May-05 18:36:19

here darling hubby would you like to try some of my bodily fluid?

no?

why not I'm going to get irrationally upset now

- you've lost it trinity

motherinferior Sun 22-May-05 18:36:23

I don't think it's disgust with you, honey, or indeed the milk itself.

I did taste my own breastmilk, and expressed huge amounts of the stuff and kept it happily sloshing around in our fridge but found myself curiously put off when I saw a friend expressing, which I feel a bit ashamed of to be honest.

trinityrocks Sun 22-May-05 18:36:47

beggining to wish I hadn't asked, Oh well I'm used to being weird, I just can't possibly understand why anyone would think yuk about the most wonderful food that will ever pass your sweet childs lips

kama Sun 22-May-05 18:37:10

Message withdrawn

motherinferior Sun 22-May-05 18:37:32

I can understand how you feel, actually, but I don't think my partner would have been on for it.

sparklymieow Sun 22-May-05 18:38:04

ewwwwww sorry but I wouldn't want to try my own breast milk, let alone give some to DH..... And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't wan to anyway. Leave the poor bloke alone..... and give him a beer...

motherinferior Sun 22-May-05 18:38:12

Agree about the beer, too

trinityrocks Sun 22-May-05 18:38:17

great!! now I'm not only weird but also hormonal and I've lost it well thanks guys

emmatom Sun 22-May-05 18:38:33

Because it is for yur baby! Your baby would think Yuk about "the most wonderful food to pass" your hubby's lips - beer/wine/curries etc.

cod Sun 22-May-05 18:39:19

Message withdrawn

motherinferior Sun 22-May-05 18:39:21

Are TR and I the only person who've tasted our own, then? I sort of felt if my baby was living on it I should just try a drop. And it helped understand why DD1 didn't like formula when I introduced that - the taste's similar but the texture's very different.

aloha Sun 22-May-05 18:39:22

Exactly! It's for your baby!
This is not worth a row. Really it isn't.
If you offered him a cup of tea and he said no, would you be crying about that?
Come on, cheer up! He's not rejecting you.
My dh would think I'd gone completely mad if I started offering him breastmilk

cod Sun 22-May-05 18:39:57

Message withdrawn

cod Sun 22-May-05 18:40:12

Message withdrawn

aloha Sun 22-May-05 18:41:22

Mind you, I don't like milk of any kind much. Sweet warm milk....eeek, the horror!

misdee Sun 22-May-05 18:41:22

i've tried my own, its taste of, well, nothing really. mind u its only when a fountain appears as dd3 tries to latch on adn gets my hand wet.

marthamoo Sun 22-May-05 18:41:24

Well yeah, it is wonderful food for babies - but I can't say I blame your dh for not wanting to try it. I tried mine (thought it was yuck), but it never occured to me to ask dh (and you say yours said no in a nice way - mine would have said, "Uuuughhhhhh! No way, are you insane?" )I'm with aloha - don't be upset, get him a beer instead.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: