Talk

Advanced search

How much can I drink tonight??

(6 Posts)
RascalMama Sat 25-Jul-09 17:05:07

I know that this has been done before but not got time to search!

I'm off out tonight will feed DD before going out around 6pm, then will be home around 2am. DD usually feeds around 2-4am and again at 6am.

She is 18mths old.

Never had more than a glass or so since feeding her and was hoping to have maybe 3 or 4 drinks tonight.

If I am sober by the time I get home will it be ok to feed her? Don't intend on getting blind drunk but fancy being able to have enough to get tipsy grin

Thanks

EverybodyNeedsABosomForAPillow Sat 25-Jul-09 17:24:15

I don't know what the official limit is but I think 3 drinks would be ok. I'd have them all quite quickly at the beginning of the night to get tipsy then switch to soft drinks so they are out of your system by 2am. What will you be drinking? If it's wine be careful with glass size cos 3 glasses could easily be a bottle and that would be too much.
Have fun smile

RascalMama Sat 25-Jul-09 17:33:16

Thanks :-) That was my plan - prob a glass of wine with the meal and a few long drinks - ameretto and coke etc

GirlsAreLoud Sat 25-Jul-09 18:50:03

I take it she won't take ebm?

I wouldn't worry about it personally.

tiktok Sat 25-Jul-09 19:01:01

Rascal, there is loads in the archives about this if you have time to look.

It's not a question of 'how many drinks?' but the time over which you take them.

(That's if you think it's worth worrying about, 'cos this is a personal choice. There's no good evidence that moderate amounts are harmful, anyway)

Alcohol takes about 1-1.5 hours per unit to disappear from the blood and therefore the milk. It is pointless to give ebm - the alcohol just diffuses out of the milk.

You can do the maths - if you have stopped drinking by 12.30 - 1 am, then feeding her at 2 am will mean you have no traces of alcohol in your milk.

Have a good night

RascalMama Sun 26-Jul-09 18:28:22

Thanks Tiktok - Had a few more than planned blush but stopped by 11pm and she didn't feed til 4am so all fine :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now