Talk

Advanced search

boobs are soooo leaky

(2 Posts)
nct73 Thu 23-Jul-09 16:14:24

I am breast feeding DS 6 wks old and am finding that I am continually leaking which I dont remember happening with DD after the first couple of weeks. I keep thinking his nappy has leaked but it is just where the other boob has leaked on him while feeding. Also wake up to wet patches on bed. I carry a scarf around at all times to hide wet patches plus feel I smell in a sweetish off milk esp when hot. I have tried both disposable & washable pads but nothing keeps it at bay. I know I should (and am) grateful for good supply. Just wanted to share. Anyone else find this a problem? when did it stop?

Bettymum Thu 23-Jul-09 16:23:15

I had exactly the same thing. Going through three bras a day, spraying the feeding room in John Lewis, leaking all over my tshirt at a postnatal class (too many babies!!). Getting DD all wet every evening leaking all over her Grobag...I think it must have stopped at about 12 weeks but I really can't remember. I used disposables as I found them more absorbent than the washables and just kept changing them when they got too wet, and changing my bra too. I think that's all you can do till it all settles down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now