Talk

Advanced search

One breast more productive than the other

(7 Posts)
DandyLioness Wed 22-Jul-09 23:36:08

Message withdrawn

harpsichordcarrier Wed 22-Jul-09 23:41:26

yes, it is extremely normal! in the end, I fed both dd's from one breast (not at the same time). it was fine and actually rather convenient. two of my friends ended up doing the same thing.
just keep feeding from both breasts, that is the way to keep production up, as well as lots of skin to skin, rest and relaxation!
congrats on the new baby

DandyLioness Wed 22-Jul-09 23:44:04

Message withdrawn

harpsichordcarrier Wed 22-Jul-09 23:49:57

it was more convenient because I didn't have to keep swapping around, because it meant that only one breast got engorged/needed a pad/got sore. if I wanted to settle down to feed "discreetly" I could position myself easily. It was the right side, so I ended up getting really adept at feeding and tucking baby under my arm and getting on with life! I fed for a looooong time so I had plenty of practice!
don't mean to nag but you MUST try and rest more. I know it might be tricky but it is vital for your supply that you stay well. are you getting help and support? if it is offered, then PLEASE accept. don't struggle on.
HC xx

DandyLioness Thu 23-Jul-09 00:04:24

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Thu 23-Jul-09 00:07:23

Message withdrawn

harpsichordcarrier Thu 23-Jul-09 07:52:04

I am the same (night owl) but you will benefit hugely if you can get into a routine of going to bed early even just for a week or two.
it isn't for ever :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now