Talk

Advanced search

Got to go away for work, leaving BF DS behind - Streeeeessed!!

(2 Posts)
edwinak Wed 22-Jul-09 23:09:07

I've got myself in a bit of a panic....

Slightly complicated but I have to go away for a night for work & am leaving 13 month old DS with DH. No problem, except DS has always point blank refused a bottle & also has a cow's milk allergy. We've been battling in vain to get him to take a disgusting tasting hypoallergenic formula we got on prescription with little joy. I've known about this trip for ages but had thought he might have accepted the hypoallergenic formula by now but no he hasn't!! As a result, I'm still breastfeeding. I have been expressing like mad but only getting a couple of oz on each go. I've no idea how DH is going to get the milk down him as he will out spit milk (even EBM) from a beaker & like I said previously, he hates the bottle.

I only feed him twice a day (morning & night). As a 13 month old, is it really bad if he misses these 2 feeds completely while I'm away?

Getting in quite a tizz about all this - would really appreciate any pearls of wisdom!

ButterbeerAndLemon Wed 22-Jul-09 23:15:08

I went away DS at that age for four nights and he was fine (and picked up breastfeeding again when I came back). We didn't have the cow's milk allergy issue, admittedly; I think your DS will be fine with just water for a couple of feeds if he doesn't want the formula or EBM, though. Does he eat a lot besides the feeds?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now