Talk

Advanced search

I know its early but hoping someone will be here. Just feel rubbish

(6 Posts)
liahgen Wed 22-Jul-09 08:17:18

Noone in RL understands. Have given up feeding DD who is 26 mths so that we can conceive baby #6. Started TTc last Septmember, early mc Xmas then month off. This is mth 6. For me, BF is a very reliable form of contraception so do believe this is the only way forward now so why do I feel so bloody shit about it.? Just feel like crying. I just received a text from a good friend that set me off, nothing special just how are you, we must catch up blush

Thing is i'm 42, 43 in September so time is not on our side, I may have some cysts or fibroids that I have to have investigated so that't taking up time but this morning when i could hear her from my room calling, "mummy, please can I have boobies" it just breaks my heart

I know she's old enough, she'll survive, but I wasn't ready, once we came downstairs and i'd settled her on sofe with sopme dry cheerios (ugh) she was fine but then i'm leaking where she was leaned against me and that's just started me off again.

Dh does understand, he said, I know if it doesn't work, she's the last baby and i will have stopped for nothing.

We do want one more baby so i know i've gotta do it, but she's only little.

Oh well, just letting off steam really, RL friends say well she is 2!! etc

Aaagggghhhhh

thanks if you got this far.

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 08:19:38

Message withdrawn

claraquack Wed 22-Jul-09 08:21:57

I am totally different from you (stopped breastfeeding at 4 months both my dd's, two is DEFINITELY enough for me etc) BUT totally sympathise how you are feeling because stopping breastfeeding mucks up your hormones and lots of people, myself included, do get down when they stop. Did it happen to you the other times? Stay strong, it'll get easier when you aren't feeling so awful. Well done for feeding this long, I just didn't have the patience!

girlsyearapart Wed 22-Jul-09 08:27:23

You should congratulate yourself on having done it for so long. I managed 2 weeks for each of my dds as I have MS and just couldn't keep up the energy needed to bf and stay well. Felt like a total failure esp the first time when I cried in the bathroom as DH gave dd1 a bottle. So well done- now give your boobs a break for a few months smile

liahgen Wed 22-Jul-09 08:29:58

thanks ladies, bloody hormones, I have fed all 5 of my babies logterm and had to stop feeding dd2, who is now 4 to get pg with this little lady, didn't bother me in the slightest, just stopped at 15 mths, was pg following month.

hopefully i'll be busy throwing up constantly being pg soon to have too much time to dwell. I've done well I guess.

thanks

liahgen Wed 22-Jul-09 08:30:40

logterm??hmm

Longterm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now