Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Green poo linked to baby vax.

(8 Posts)
bubble99 Sat 21-May-05 00:04:46

I posted last month that Elijah had started producing bright green, mint sauce coloured poo It started two days after he'd had his first set of baby vaccinations. Well....It's happened again, two days after his second set. Just thought I'd let you all know in case any of you experience the same thing. Did up the intake of lamb at Casa Bubble though, as seeing it reminded me of how much I love lamb chops. Every cloud etc. etc.

bubble99 Sat 21-May-05 19:20:14

Is nobody interested in my green poo discovery?

NotQuiteCockney Sat 21-May-05 19:31:57

My DS2 did this too - green poo normally means an infection, so it's understandable. How is Elijah, other than green-poo-producing?

Caligula Sat 21-May-05 19:32:37

I'm interested - did you mention it to your HV? Did she say this is common? And if so, why? (You're not feeding him mint sauce, are you? )

I remember giving DS sweet potato when he was about 8 months, and his poo coming out virulent orange.

Pennies Sat 21-May-05 19:34:07

I discovered this too! DD's poo went green & stayed green until she went onto solids at 5.5 months - occasional yellow ones but rare.

It did my head in and all that noise about too much foremilk was a load of tosh. Those jabs definitely affected her system and turned it all green.

As for colours now we're on solids, well.... just don't feed them beetroot!

Pennies Sat 21-May-05 19:35:49

I asked the HV, GP & my bro (a paediatrician) and they all said it was normal but when I proposed the great injection theory they generally looked at me like I needed more sleep and said it was interesting, not impossible but they hadn't heard of it before.

Caligula Sat 21-May-05 20:20:18

Nah, they've never heard of anything that isn't the leaflets.

bubble99 Sat 21-May-05 20:41:25

Mr Bubble was quite freaked out. After the whole Wakefield bowel/vax thing he was worried. Different vax though of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now