Talk

Advanced search

Best Breast Pumps??

(8 Posts)
laurawantsababy Tue 21-Jul-09 11:23:36

My budget is 40 pounds max (sorry american keyboard!). Not sure I want an electric one. Does anyone have a fab manual one?

Thanks.

dikkertjedap Tue 21-Jul-09 12:28:26

I would advise to rent a professional one (like the one they use in hospitals). I rented one from John Bell & Croydon pharmacy in London (Wigmore street), worth the money as it was so much quicker and easier. I had also bought a medela electric pump but found it very uncomfortable and took a long time to get enough milk.

Warwickmum Tue 21-Jul-09 15:51:24

Recently bought the Medela electric pump, cant remeber the name but around £50 - it was awful!!!!!!! Ended up returning it to Boots as can't believe it was working right - on one side and no milk expressed after 20 min!!!! Just huge purple nipple!! My Medela manual pump works much better! Have seenmixed reviews about the electric one so might just be me that meant it didn't work. Can't work out how it won Mumsnet best pump award that it had on the box???

CatIsSleepy Tue 21-Jul-09 15:52:56

avent Isis manual pump works well for me

CMOTdibbler Tue 21-Jul-09 15:53:57

I'd get a second hand lactaline from Ebay - cheaper than renting, and totally fab. I expressed 5 days a week for a year with my second hand one, and was still able to sell it on afterwards

moaningminnie2020 Tue 21-Jul-09 15:55:08

Medela swing always popular -I thought it was great, but would need to go for a 2nd hand one and get a new breastshield for the budget. For manual ones, Avent Isis seems to do well, I had one and it was pretty good.

But a lot of them do seem to be trial and error, same one doesn't suit everyone.

laurawantsababy Tue 21-Jul-09 20:01:59

Thanks all, maybe I will see what I can find in the sales then if I could have more then one!

Bubbaloo2 Tue 21-Jul-09 21:07:27

Yellow medala pump as used in hospitals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now