Talk

Advanced search

sore nipples, engorgement, blocked ducts and mastitis.........but DS2 is 8.5 months :0(

(3 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Mon 20-Jul-09 20:53:24

DS2 feeeding like a newborn over the last couple of weeks every 3-4 hours days and night for over half an hour each time, and my boobs are like the boobs of a new mum again sad

the worst is the pain of my nipples, they are sooooo sensitive to touch and I can't bear them rubbing on my bra or clothes. It doesn't look like thrush, and I have been lathering on daktarin regardless but it isn't helping.

I've also had mastitis last weekend and still have some blocked ducts that are sore all the time, no matter how much DS2 is feeding, and he fed for over an hour before settling for bed tonight.

He has two new teeth; might this be affecting his latch, causing him to chafe and not drain the breast properly? I'm uttery clueless as to what I can try; we had loads of problems in the early days, but I thought I was sooooo over them.

Any advice greatfully received, thanks.

mumblecrumble Mon 20-Jul-09 22:09:27

Is he thirsty in the heat? What else does he drink?

Sorry your norks are knacking

LackaDAISYcal Mon 20-Jul-09 23:02:58

He has water with meals but doesn't seem to bothered for it. I would say it's more than thirst though as he feeds for ages. Ususally when he wants a drink it's a quick few minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now