Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

will having a termination affect me feeding 10 month ds?

(9 Posts)
mothersmilk Mon 20-Jul-09 08:37:33

im not here to be jujded i am for whatever reason having a termination all i want to know is will it affect in anyway me breast feeding my 10 month ds?
thankyou your answers are much apprieiated

Picante Mon 20-Jul-09 08:39:34

It may temporarily, so you may have to feed him more often for a few days afterwards. It certainly won't make your milk dry up.

littleducks Mon 20-Jul-09 08:44:57

I think that you should ask your dr tbh
Different procedures mean different medicines so they would they in the best place to tell you dependant on any drugs they prescribe

littleducks Mon 20-Jul-09 08:46:05

Im not suggesting that your milk will dry up though, just that you may be required to pump and dump for a period or may not

MilleniumHandNShrimp Mon 20-Jul-09 08:50:42

It does depend on what, if any, medication you have to take. Don't necessarily trust the docs on what is safe with BF, they seem to have a policy of saying that everything is a no-no.

KellyMom is good on what drugs are safe.

girlsyearapart Mon 20-Jul-09 09:06:39

Hope you are ok.
If you are worried about having baby due to close age gap there was a recent thread on having children close together if you wanted to have a look.
You are probably not terminating for that reason though so I'll go away now..
Hope it all goes as well as it can.

mothersmilk Mon 20-Jul-09 10:01:01

there are lot of reasons for the termination age isnt one i have to say i would like another baby and so would dh but its just not the right time in our lives we have three wonderfull children already and although we had always said we couldnt choose one life over another i know in my heart that right now its just not right it wouldnt be right for me or my baby i am sad though but i think its a normal emotion to feel

6inchnipples Mon 20-Jul-09 10:12:03

I in no way want to confuse you further over a very difficult decision (i've been there myself) but for what its worth my cousin feel pregnant with a fourth child and came very close to terminating the preg. Her other 3 were roughly 3, 18mnths and 6 months. She eventually went ahead with pregnancy and he was the easiest baby ever. Sh wnet on and had a 5th too.

But do what is right for you.

Don't feel guilty either once you've made the decision you have to get past feeling guilty because it is such a useless emotion. You do what you have to do and then you move on. If guilt will eat you up then think twice.

You have my sympathy, never an easy decision.

mothersmilk Mon 20-Jul-09 10:16:52

i do not feel guilt i feel sad that its all just happened at the wrong time in my defence i havnt had a period in 19 months and dh and i are being safe (obviu-ously not as much as we thought) so it really must have been an imaculate coception i only thought to take a test because my gums were bleeding badly hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now