Talk

Advanced search

My toddler is showing an interest in BF

(4 Posts)
gembobs Sun 19-Jul-09 01:05:38

I have a 22 month old DD who is showing an interst in me BF my 7 week old DS, she was never BF from birth she was put straight onto bottles.

We tell her no and it is only her brothers food n she is a big girl now so doesn't need it, also she don't like milk on it's own so we tell her it is milk 2 put her off.

Also can anyone advice me i have just give my 7 week old a dummy but now he only stays on the breast for 15 mins most of the time so i am worried he aint getting enough.

Is it possible 4 a baby 2 only want the breast 2 settle 2 sleep (we sometimes give him bottles at night).

katearb Sun 19-Jul-09 07:03:42

I had a similar problem re BF interest from DD1 when I had DD2 8 months ago. As far as I can see from talking to others, it's very normal. Sounds like you're doing the right thing - we said all those things and DD2 eventually lost interest.

She did get as far as trying to get my breast out in the middle of a music class once blush and I must admit I did lose patience a little then...

StealthPolarBear Sun 19-Jul-09 07:07:07

Congratulations
Can you let her try some in a cup? If you say she doesn't like it then hopefully that will stop all the questions!
As for your baby - is he weeing and pooing lots? Putting on some weight? Does he seem content after feeds and alert in between? Do you see your HV?

6inchnipples Sun 19-Jul-09 21:33:18

Perfectly normal, my ds1 and dd1 still make a bee line for my boobs when feeding dd2 or in the bath if the milk starts squirting out they are open mouthed trying to catch it.

I just tell them they had their quota grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now