Talk

Advanced search

9 week old BF DD not had dirty nappy for 4/5 days - is this normal?

(8 Posts)
alibaabaa Fri 17-Jul-09 20:02:19

My little cherub used to have around 5,6 dirty nappies a day - then over the last 2/3 weeks, she is only going every 4/5 days. Everything seems normal, until, like today, she struggles to settle, and is gurning a lot!!
I haven't really changed my diet - plenty of veg and water.
Should i be worried? Is it normal? Is there anything i can do to help her?
Thanks in advance.
Ali

shigella92 Fri 17-Jul-09 20:09:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnnieLobeseder Fri 17-Jul-09 20:12:15

Quite normal - both mine used to go every 4-7 days at this stage, but it got VERY messy when they did go!!

AnnieLobeseder Fri 17-Jul-09 20:12:43

And they do tend to be quite unsettled when they're brewing for an explosion!

LackaDAISYcal Fri 17-Jul-09 20:21:02

This is quite normal as BF babies can poo anything from after every feed to 7-10 days.

My DD went from after every feed to every 4 days, and boy was it a big poo. she settled down again after about four months to twice a day.

My DS went through a phase of pooing every fifth day and he would always be really miserable for about a day before it. Again, he settled down to two or three a day after about 3-4 months.

ButterbeerAndLemon Fri 17-Jul-09 20:51:17

Quite normal (I'm very envious as neither of mine ever did it, though)

dawntigga Fri 17-Jul-09 20:53:12

Mine goes 2.5 to 3 days depending on the weather.

So yup normal for your baby

PlansToMakeSureDaddyChangesHimOnThoseDaysTiggaxx

alibaabaa Fri 17-Jul-09 21:19:08

thanks so much. if her face goes puce tomorrow and I hear some strange noises, I know to run out the house and leave DP to deal with the outcome!!! DD1 used to go regular as clockwork - everyday - just goes to show how individual they all are!!
Thanks again for putting my mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now