Talk

Advanced search

Follow on formula - Nutramigen

(3 Posts)
Ali2Woo Fri 17-Jul-09 15:36:48

My dd is six months old and so far has been bf. Now need to transfer to formula for daytime feeds due to return to work in a few weeks. We have been prescribed Nutramigen due to suspected allergy, and doctor has prescribed stage 2 i.e. follow on version. Was just wondering if someone can explain difference between stage 1 and 2 formula? Due to fact I have been bf dd until now, not sure about this. Tin indicates only 2 or 3 feeds per day on stage 2 but dd is still having at least 4 feeds /day at moment. Will it be ok to give her more of the formula feeds? Sorry for long post - any help appreciated

tiktok Fri 17-Jul-09 15:43:41

Stage 2 is usually not follow on, but casein-based 'infant' formula. Stage 3 is usually follow on. It may be different for Nutrimigen. There should be a consumer advice phone no. to ring on the pack - have a look.

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 21-Jul-09 06:35:01

Nutramigen comes as Stage 1 which is under 6 months and Stage 2 which is over 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now