Talk

Advanced search

cheap fluconazole: do you reckon it's the real thing??

(3 Posts)
hangoninthere Thu 16-Jul-09 21:20:44

My gp is refusing to give me the very high strength prescription i need to get rid of my thrush that i have had for TWO YEARS. yes, two years shock

It's ludicrously expensive over the counter but I have found some from 'asset pharmacy' or something, online, for 1.92 per tablet. This is a big saving - does anyone know if it is likely to be a fake or anything?

Jennylee Thu 16-Jul-09 23:58:41

why is he refusing? could you see another doctor fromt the same practice?

I think I'm needing the normal stuff my gp never gives me because of bf but it is not a problem for that so I just buy it myself but is normal strength

undomesticatedgoddess Fri 17-Jul-09 09:28:27

If it is a genuine UK registered online pharmacy then it should have the Pharmaceutical Society logo on the site.

Check out www.rpsgb.org.uk/registrationandsupport/registration/internetpharmacylogo.html

If it is a genuine pharmacy then the chances are it is genuine fluconazole but is a cheaper brand or a they've managed to get it at a good price for bulk buying.

Having said that - I'd try and get my GP to prescribe it as they should be for this condition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now