Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding and lemsip

(5 Posts)
jocie Thu 16-Jul-09 15:17:24

hi, my 11 month old just has 1 bf 1st thing in the morn and occasionally a small one mid afternoon. Am coming down with a cold( hopefully not flu!!!) but need to feel ok enough to still run around after my 2 lively boys! I have a problem swallowing tablets so having a lemsip would be much easier. I know you're not supposed to have them when bf but would that still count if i take it after his morn feed(and just not offer bf mid afternoon as he doesn't always want 1 then anyway). im assuming its cos of 1 of the ingriedients getting through to him but surely they'll be out of my system by next feed.( i wouldn't take any at night )

chandellina Thu 16-Jul-09 17:58:32

you can get Boots brand lemsip that only has paracetemol. i think the regular stuff has something that can also dry up your milk a bit.

BCLass Thu 16-Jul-09 20:11:07

The max has decongestant in and says do not take when breastfeeding.

The normal stuff is just paracetamol with lemon flavouring though isn't it?

chandellina Fri 17-Jul-09 21:52:06

i think even normal branded lemsip has something else in it. i remember some big to-do about getting the boots one because it didn't.

NancysGarden Fri 17-Jul-09 21:56:14

I seem to recall being advised against when bf. Isn't it shit as a mother that there are so many things you can't do when bf!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now