Talk

Advanced search

boring question, which UK formula brands...

(5 Posts)
shubiedoo Wed 15-Jul-09 02:41:43

...come in ready to feed cartons and don't contain prebiotics? I think I read on here that Hipp Organic only comes in powder form, is that right?

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Wed 15-Jul-09 08:44:56

aptimel, heinz and sma come ready made, I wouldn't know about pre-biotics but aptimel and heinz have fish oil in.

BertieBotts Wed 15-Jul-09 09:47:22

And Cow & Gate comes ready-made. Aptamil has the prebiotics (I think that is the fish oils so presumably Heinz would as well)

I think Cow & Gate is the safest bet if you're wanting to avoid them. I don't think SMA has them either but have heard it makes a lot of babies constipated.

Olihan Wed 15-Jul-09 09:55:23

C&G had prebiotics in when I used it for ds1 5 years ago. They'd just introduced it so I doubt they've removed it again as it's supposedly what makes it so much closer to breastmilk.

I don't know about SMA but they are certainly in all the other cartons.

Hipp Organic doesn't come ready made, you're right. It's also more difficult to get hold of than other brands. You're unlikely to be able to get hold of it in corner shops, etc.

shubiedoo Wed 15-Jul-09 11:50:15

So perhaps there aren't any at all?! Dd is mostly breastfed, has a bottle maybe 3 times a week. We're traveling from Canada and the organic formula here only comes in powder as well, hardly worth lugging a big tin. And even readymade here comes in tins as well, very heavy!

Oh I probably won't need it anyway...thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now