Talk

Advanced search

TIKTOK: Is it OK to breastfeed after a CVS?

(5 Posts)
NothingToSeeHere Tue 14-Jul-09 10:27:47

I had a CVS this morning. I know I'm at increased risk of m/c for a couple of days. My lo (2y) still feeds a few times a day, but I was wondering if it was a sensible idea to try to postpone her next feed for as long as possible, in case the stimulation made my uterus a bit 'twitchy' under the circumstances. I didn't dream of asking the consultant as the chances of finding a consultant supportive of BF in pg, let alone under these circumstances were not good enough for me to risk asking!

Do you have any info on bf after a CVS, please? Thanks.

tiktok Tue 14-Jul-09 10:40:06

Sorry, I don't know.

You'd have to see what you could come up with by googling, but to be honest, best idea would be to phone the doc and ask, and if the answer is 'suspend bf' then ask if he/she will share sources for this advice with you.

The theory would be that a surge in oxytocin would do something to the uterus, and if this is thought to be a risk, then you need to check if orgasm would be a no-no, too.

Sorry not to be able to help.

NothingToSeeHere Tue 14-Jul-09 10:49:55

I can't find anything on the subject unsurprisingly, but I wasn't given any advice to avoid sex (as if I felt like that right now) either, so I don't think there is an explicit risk as far as I can tell. I'll try to put it off for as long as I can but I won't worry about it unduly.

Thanks for helping. smile

Babieseverywhere Tue 14-Jul-09 12:37:53

Kellymom has some pages on nursing during pregnancyhere

HTH

NothingToSeeHere Tue 14-Jul-09 13:43:11

thanks BE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now