Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding Picnic - Birmingham

(7 Posts)
ChairmumMiaow Mon 13-Jul-09 11:46:44

Do you think that babies should be fed when they are hungry?

Do you think that a mother should be able to breastfeed whenever they need to, anywhere that their child is allowed to be?

Do you think that these mothers should be able to do what they need to do, knowing they are legally entitled and legally protected while doing this?

Do you think that legal protection that requires a harassed mother to gather evidence and sue is no protection at all? (What the Single Equality Bill proposes)

If you do, then join us to bring attention to this issue, and get people to sign our petition at http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/protectbaby/

We will be gathering in Birmingham Cathedral churchyard (the lovely grass bit near to snow hill and the big nat west) on Monday 20th July (next week!) between 11 and 2 to have a lovely picnic and watch our kids playing on the grass while we chat to passers by and ask them to sign our petition.

We've got a group on facebook, or you can CAT me to get more details - and to see if you can help!

HolyGuacamole Mon 13-Jul-09 14:45:42

Bump

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 13-Jul-09 14:47:13

Newest blog here. smile You Birmingham lot have done amazing things this year!

ChairmumMiaow Tue 14-Jul-09 11:13:16

Come and join us. My niece and I will be baking little "Breastfeeding welcome" cakes too (hopefully!)

CMOTdibbler Thu 16-Jul-09 09:48:45

Remember, you don't need to be breastfeeding now or ever to come along - this is just raising awareness that England and Wales do not offer babies the same right to be fed when they need to that Scotland has.

ChairmumMiaow Thu 16-Jul-09 19:54:30

Indeed. numbers will draw the publics attention and help us get press coverage!

ChairmumMiaow Fri 17-Jul-09 17:51:15

And I've just been recorded for Radio WM so please listen out for me on Monday morning - lets hope they run it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now