Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going away for 4 days - when baby is 8.5 months

(5 Posts)
SummerLightning Mon 13-Jul-09 11:08:16

I am planning to go away for 4 days on holiday in Sept without my DS who is now 6.5 months.

I am still bfing him a lot, several times a day and in the night. I posted a while back about whether this would work (going away) and people seemed to think it would be fine.

DS will take a bottle and drink formula (which he has done on occasion when I have gone out, but not regularly for any feed or anything).

I will take a breast pump and pump morning and evening, BUT I am worried that either this won't work very well as I haven't expressed for ages, that I will get too engorged and uncomfortable during the day (I will be out from 9-4 approx each day with no chance to express), that I might get mastitis, and that my supply might dry up.

Basically I don't HAVE to go on this holiday so the alternative is to just not go.

Is DS likely to be feeding much less by then? (He is on solids but not eating much yet) I am concerned that it's less than 2 months away now and at the moment it doesn't seem a realistic proposition!

HolyGuacamole Mon 13-Jul-09 15:07:14

Bump.

Katz Mon 13-Jul-09 15:09:04

at this age 2 months will make a huge difference in terms of you DS's feeding habbits, can you just wait and see?

SummerLightning Mon 13-Jul-09 16:12:23

Not very easily as I need to book it before it's all booked up (in the next week or so!)

xandrarama Mon 13-Jul-09 17:22:55

I have no advice to offer but am watching with interest, as I will be in much the same position next month - going away for 4 days without DD who will be 8 months. She sneers at the bottle and only wants to chew on her cup so I suspect Grandma will be adding copious quantities of ebm to her solid food.

I have heard that breasts and milk supply are fairly resilient by this stage - that a few days of interrupted routine will not have negative results. I am hoping this is true!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now