Talk

Advanced search

Feel like a bag of poo, lump in my boob

(7 Posts)
JamInMyWellies Mon 13-Jul-09 08:54:36

I have been massaging, expressing, feeding as often as DS2 will take it, tried hot flannel compress. Nothing is working what else can I do?

Carrotfly Mon 13-Jul-09 08:58:37

lie DS2 on the bed and kneel over him while you feed.

Looks a bit wierd, but I found this really helped me.

Also have you tried a wide comb and combing towards the nipple?

Someone on here also suggested getting DH to give it a big suck.

I've done the first two, but couldnt bring myself to ask DH grin

Its not much fun ... I know I've been there.

Make sure it doesnt turn into anything more nasty, you might need ABs if it gets really bad.

Indith Mon 13-Jul-09 09:02:28

Ouch you poor thing. Have you tried the dangling technique for feeding? The best position to get rid of a blockage is to have the chin pointing towards the lump so you have the baby on the bed and dangle over him so his chin is pointing in the right direction. Worked for us anyway! Combing is quite good too if you have a plastic wide toothed comb then run it gently over the area. If all else fails toddlers or husbands can sometimes be persuaded to have a bit of a suck. If you feel really poo though then I'd get an appointment with the Dr, you can always cancel if you manage to get rid of it today.

OmicronPersei8 Mon 13-Jul-09 09:03:09

I second Carrotfly - you need to try to get DS2's chin in line with the lump so he works on it while feeding, iyswim. Feed him upside down if you need to! Hope it clears soon.

JamInMyWellies Mon 13-Jul-09 09:27:35

Thanks all, am sitting here combing it. DS wont feed that way tried this morning. Will have a chat with DH wink. There is no way I am letting DS1 get his nashers round boobs. grin

JamInMyWellies Mon 13-Jul-09 20:55:56

Been to the GP and he has given me AB's really hope they work as DS2 is now refusing to feed from that boob. He did helpfully say to me that I had done my bit with BF and that he wasnt really sure what the benefits of feeding beyond 6mth were. I was a bit gobsmacked to say the least

Indith Tue 14-Jul-09 12:16:19

Bloody idiot angry Hope the ABs work though and that you start feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now