Talk

Advanced search

Co-sleeping, BFing and alcohol

(5 Posts)
undomesticatedgoddess Sun 12-Jul-09 17:05:28

Posting on here rather than sleep as this is all interrelated and I spend far more time lurking on here than in sleep.

My 16 week DS is exclusively BF. He sleeps in a three sided cot next to my bed. Now I like to have a glass of wine in an evening.

It didn't dawn on me that this might be classed as co-sleeping and as such I shouldn't be drinking. I sit up in bed to feed ( about 2-3 times each night) as never got the hang of feeding lying down. This means I'm not likely to fall asleep with DS next to me in bed iyswim. There is no way I can roll on him in his cot.

I've not found a definition of co-sleeping. Is this classed as co-sleeping? And if it is should I be avoiding alcohol?

<finger crossed it's not emotion>

flamingobingo Sun 12-Jul-09 17:06:34

I don't think one glass of wine is going to cause a problem - drinking so much that you are sleeping more heavily than you would normally is what is dangerous.

Knickers0nMaHead Sun 12-Jul-09 17:25:09

a glass of wine wont hurt anything unless you are a lightweight drinker grin

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 12-Jul-09 17:38:52

If he's in a separate cot then you are fine. The danger is that you could roll on the baby as you will be sleeping more deeply but that doesn't sound like you could.

undomesticatedgoddess Sun 12-Jul-09 17:39:45

LOL at the lightweight

Far from it, although have obviously had to take a drinking career break while pregnant.

Knew I'd get some sensible answers from MNers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now