Talk

Advanced search

The perfect cup - help me find it!!

(9 Posts)
makedoandmend Sat 11-Jul-09 18:30:04

DD is bf and needs a cup to take to nursery next month to drink formula milk out of on the couple of days she's there each week. Tried the Tommee Tippee first cup but I find it impossible to clean (worry that milk will just sit in the plastic sippy bit) and it showers me every time I try to prise the lid off.

She drinks water from a Doidy cup but is still not very good at it (blowing raspberries rather than proper drinking) so I'm not sure she'll take enough milk from it.

So I need a cup that is easy to clean - has a sippy bit and doesn't cover me with liquid every time I open it. Does it exist? And if not will I have to sterilise the cup if I use it for milk?

amidaiwish Sat 11-Jul-09 18:31:49

something like this sippy cup might be better?

amidaiwish Sat 11-Jul-09 18:32:33

or have you tried the Avent Magic Cup?

makedoandmend Sat 11-Jul-09 18:57:11

Thanks amidaiwish - will have a look at both of them.

Does anyone sterilise cups for +6mo? (My dd is 7m)

amidaiwish Sat 11-Jul-09 19:10:32

no, stopped sterilising when they started crawling... just top rack dishwasher and boiling water from kettle rinse before use.

OmicronPersei8 Sat 11-Jul-09 20:27:01

I meant to post this earlier but RL intervened - my DS likes the nuby cup. It has a soft spout (silicone like a bottle teat) and is a bit more baby-friendly than the harder spouts on some cups.

I just bought a new one today in a big Sainsburys - the spouts can become a little chewed over time. It also doesn't have a separate valve so isn't too hard to clean (or suck on). I also use doidy cups but sometimes you need something with a lid! I like it because he gets to feed from the cup (a little like from a bottle - he's always refused bottles) which is helping us to gradually cut out his bedtime bf (he is 15 months old).It is supposed to be non-spill but isn't 100%, but IMO that's a good thing as the ones where they have to suck hard aren't too good for their teeth, or so I seem to remember. HTH

kitkatqueen Sat 11-Jul-09 20:44:41

Hi i've got 2 magic cups for my ds and they leak like mad. Was going to post a thread about it on the line of what am I doing wrong?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 11-Jul-09 20:49:57

Both of my ds's have got along brilliantly with these

I have sterilised for both until they were 1 - they only had the odd bottle so it wasn't a big deal.

makedoandmend Sun 12-Jul-09 13:18:46

Thanks everyone - I've just bought a nuby cup and am going to experiment with that (at least I can get the lid off!)

If that doesn't work I'll work my way through the list...

Thanks everyone for all your help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now