Talk

Advanced search

Question/s for BF experts re supply

(6 Posts)
westlondonmumof2 Tue 07-Jul-09 19:21:19

I have to go out for a few hours tomorrow morning and will miss at least one feed (DD2 is 10 weeks, currently feeding every 3 hours or so) as I cannot take her with me. I am a bit paranoid about keeping up my supply as I do feel like it is not as good in the evenings this time around (probably because a 10wo and a toddler means I am exhausted by the end of the day!!!).

Should I take my pump (i have a small manual one) and express around normal feed time if I can find a loo or quiet spot? Or would it be ok to miss this one feed - I will likely feed her as soon as I get home and then thought to pump off any leftovers. Or should I wait an hour after I feed her and do a big pump?

thanks in advance!

mumblecrumble Tue 07-Jul-09 19:29:06

Peeeeersnally. I think you'll be fine to miss a feed in terms of supply. For comfort though you might find it a good idea....
Can you feed beofre you go out then feed when you get back?

idunnop Tue 07-Jul-09 19:29:39

Personally I would avoid pumping (unless you get overfull and uncomfortable, in which case just express enough to ease the discomfort). That way you will be nice and full when you get back and your DD can have a big feed.

idunnop Tue 07-Jul-09 19:29:55

x-post!

moondog Tue 07-Jul-09 19:31:17

You'll be fine (but take pump just in case you are away too long.)

westlondonmumof2 Tue 07-Jul-09 20:28:38

thanks everyone. I will take the pump in case, but good to know its not nec from a supply pov -- dont fancy being crouched in a toilet or some such. Cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now