Talk

Advanced search

Fully BF DD2 (11 weeks old) – light bleeding with Cerazette - surprised

(6 Posts)
soundbites Mon 06-Jul-09 17:12:49

Hi ladies

Been on Cerazette for 5 weeks now and have experienced light bleeding the last couple of days and DD2 is only 11 weeks old and totally BF. I was surprised as I BF DD1 for 14 months and my periods only came back a fortnight after I stopped BFeeding. I guess it could just be a symptom of the mini pill (the leaflet says bleeding is a possible side effect) but what is actually happening if my body wouldn't normally be having a bleed? Not too pleased as the Femulen which I had between children didn't do this and at least I knew when my periods had truly come back.

Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks

Soundbites

waitingforgodot Mon 06-Jul-09 18:24:02

I had to stop taking it as I was having a period every week.
I was BF too

soundbites Mon 06-Jul-09 19:50:47

interesting – thanks waitingforgodot

do you mind me asking what the GP put you on instead?

SB

waitingforgodot Mon 06-Jul-09 20:01:45

Decided not to take anything else. Let DH take the responsibility for once!

mrsfossil Tue 07-Jul-09 16:38:05

Hi my dd is 13 wks and bfeeding, and i'm also on cerazete, i've had 2 periods in the past 6 weeks which were heavier than usual so i'm not too thrilled with it. I'm thinking of coming off this pill and getting dh snipped.

soundbites Tue 07-Jul-09 19:59:04

thanks mrsfossil - it sounds like I've not had it as bad as either you or waitingforgodot, but I'm still not impressed. Not totally sure that DC2 is the last (she is meant to be, but it is hard to think about never having another baby!) and although DH mentioned the snip when I was expressing concerns about cerazette I don't think we'd go for anything that final just yet. I'll keep an eye on things the next few weeks until I've finished this pack, but think I'll see the GP then and ask about alternatives. I don't like the thought that my body is so confused that it is bleeding when breast feeding is supposed to be stopping all that. But I guess any pill is unnatural ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now