Talk

Advanced search

How long does Lansinoh last??

(19 Posts)
peachygirl Sun 05-Jul-09 19:37:05

My tube of Lansinoh was bought when I had DD in Feb 07, so over 2 years ago It has been sitting on a shelf since then.

Do you think it will be Ok to use when baby number 2 comes along in September? Or do I need to buy a new tube?

whomovedmychocolate Sun 05-Jul-09 20:21:38

It should be fine. I still have mine from DD and used it recently and it worked the same.

elkiedee Sun 05-Jul-09 20:26:05

Does it have a date on it? I've used a tube bought in about April 2007 when DS1 was due in February/March this year with DS2 - I think I did look at the date.

mumtoted Sun 05-Jul-09 20:28:12

I used the same tube for both my dc, born 3 yrs apart.

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 05-Jul-09 20:38:00

I am using the tube from DD1 (ooh first time I've had to say that!) for DD2 (2 years apart) and so far so good... It's only been a few days though!

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Jul-09 20:41:32

I thought I'd get lynched for even suggesting this! I didn't use much first time round so glad I don;t have to fork out for another!

wuglet Sun 05-Jul-09 20:45:35

Another vote for "yes".

Bought mine when DD was borne in June 06 - used a teeny smidge of it.

Then went on to use the whole tube (plus another full one) with DS who was born May last year.

<confused> Stealth are you the OP?

wuglet Sun 05-Jul-09 20:46:51

ignore that - just checked the profiles and you are not the same person!

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Jul-09 20:52:33

no, just been wondering whether to start this sort of thread for a while! Meant to say "thinking" rather than "suggesting"

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 06-Jul-09 12:04:59

At a tenner a pop I'm just going to keep having children until all the stuff is gone. Far too expensive to waste!

StealthPolarBear Mon 06-Jul-09 12:14:47

lol, no I think that's an overreaction, but ikwym! In fact I didn't use much at all with DS (another reason for not wanting to buy another tube - I maybe only used it twice) so I'd probably have to have 60 or 70 children!

abroadandmisunderstood Mon 06-Jul-09 12:17:51

oooooh I've a question. Can it be used for anything else?I bought two tubes for DS2 feeding but second child around, my nipples were like leather (!) so I have loads left.

Seems a waste...

StealthPolarBear Mon 06-Jul-09 12:20:55

Apparenlty lips and heels - have yet to try the heels.
And if you run out of treacle for your treacle sponge...

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 06-Jul-09 12:34:48

here

Things you might want to consider are:

Lanolin is often used by baseball players to soften and break in their gloves (shaving cream that contains lanolin is popularly used for this).

Anhydrous lanolin is also used as a lubricant for brass instrument tuning slides.

Handy stuff grin

peachygirl Mon 06-Jul-09 18:25:11

My date on the tube is 08/2008. Squeezing it it looks fine so I'll take the risk.

I'm too much of a skinflint to buy more TBH

StealthPolarBear Mon 06-Jul-09 18:28:23

if anyone is reading this and has decided to buy more then it;s worth knowing that Sainsbury's regularly seem to do a half price sale on baby stuff - inc lanisoh

MamaHobgoblin Mon 06-Jul-09 18:35:55

It'll be fine, but you could sniff it to see if it's gone a little rancid-smelling. Mine did, but it still worked on nipples! Lasts forever, as far as I can see.

elkiedee Mon 06-Jul-09 19:51:27

LOL at LovelyTin

susiey Wed 08-Jul-09 14:35:28

my friend lent me her tube and I lent her it right back after I'd finished with it so our shared tube has been going maybe 3 1/2 years.

she and I only needed it at the very beginning of feeding but i'm sure its the rreason I stuck with the feeding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now