Talk

Advanced search

How long does Lansinoh last??

(19 Posts)
peachygirl Sun 05-Jul-09 19:37:05

My tube of Lansinoh was bought when I had DD in Feb 07, so over 2 years ago It has been sitting on a shelf since then.

Do you think it will be Ok to use when baby number 2 comes along in September? Or do I need to buy a new tube?

whomovedmychocolate Sun 05-Jul-09 20:21:38

It should be fine. I still have mine from DD and used it recently and it worked the same.

elkiedee Sun 05-Jul-09 20:26:05

Does it have a date on it? I've used a tube bought in about April 2007 when DS1 was due in February/March this year with DS2 - I think I did look at the date.

mumtoted Sun 05-Jul-09 20:28:12

I used the same tube for both my dc, born 3 yrs apart.

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 05-Jul-09 20:38:00

I am using the tube from DD1 (ooh first time I've had to say that!) for DD2 (2 years apart) and so far so good... It's only been a few days though!

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Jul-09 20:41:32

I thought I'd get lynched for even suggesting this! I didn't use much first time round so glad I don;t have to fork out for another!

wuglet Sun 05-Jul-09 20:45:35

Another vote for "yes".

Bought mine when DD was borne in June 06 - used a teeny smidge of it.

Then went on to use the whole tube (plus another full one) with DS who was born May last year.

<confused> Stealth are you the OP?

wuglet Sun 05-Jul-09 20:46:51

ignore that - just checked the profiles and you are not the same person!

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Jul-09 20:52:33

no, just been wondering whether to start this sort of thread for a while! Meant to say "thinking" rather than "suggesting"

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 06-Jul-09 12:04:59

At a tenner a pop I'm just going to keep having children until all the stuff is gone. Far too expensive to waste!

StealthPolarBear Mon 06-Jul-09 12:14:47

lol, no I think that's an overreaction, but ikwym! In fact I didn't use much at all with DS (another reason for not wanting to buy another tube - I maybe only used it twice) so I'd probably have to have 60 or 70 children!

abroadandmisunderstood Mon 06-Jul-09 12:17:51

oooooh I've a question. Can it be used for anything else?I bought two tubes for DS2 feeding but second child around, my nipples were like leather (!) so I have loads left.

Seems a waste...

StealthPolarBear Mon 06-Jul-09 12:20:55

Apparenlty lips and heels - have yet to try the heels.
And if you run out of treacle for your treacle sponge...

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 06-Jul-09 12:34:48

here

Things you might want to consider are:

Lanolin is often used by baseball players to soften and break in their gloves (shaving cream that contains lanolin is popularly used for this).

Anhydrous lanolin is also used as a lubricant for brass instrument tuning slides.

Handy stuff grin

peachygirl Mon 06-Jul-09 18:25:11

My date on the tube is 08/2008. Squeezing it it looks fine so I'll take the risk.

I'm too much of a skinflint to buy more TBH

StealthPolarBear Mon 06-Jul-09 18:28:23

if anyone is reading this and has decided to buy more then it;s worth knowing that Sainsbury's regularly seem to do a half price sale on baby stuff - inc lanisoh

MamaHobgoblin Mon 06-Jul-09 18:35:55

It'll be fine, but you could sniff it to see if it's gone a little rancid-smelling. Mine did, but it still worked on nipples! Lasts forever, as far as I can see.

elkiedee Mon 06-Jul-09 19:51:27

LOL at LovelyTin

susiey Wed 08-Jul-09 14:35:28

my friend lent me her tube and I lent her it right back after I'd finished with it so our shared tube has been going maybe 3 1/2 years.

she and I only needed it at the very beginning of feeding but i'm sure its the rreason I stuck with the feeding

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: