Talk

Advanced search

question about newborn, bf and sleep

(3 Posts)
chibi Sun 05-Jul-09 10:21:00

my ds was born prem at 34+6, weighing 5 lb 14 oz, he is now 4 weeks old and weighs 6 lb 5 oz.

he is fully breastfed.

he was originally fed on a schedule (LONG story!!) every 3 hours, but is now demand fed - anywhere from every 1 to every 3 hours during the day. his latch has been checked + is ok. he is transferring milk effectively + has at least 6 heavy wet nappies a day.

my question...

twice this week, he has fed nonstop around 9-11 pm, and then slept for 4 1/2 to 5 hours. e.g last night, he fed on and off from 9-11:30 pm nd he woke me for a feed at 3:30 am.

this is GLORIOUS for me sleepwise, i feel refreshed and lucid - my dd fed sometimes hourly through the night. however, is is ok for him? he is still v small, and is only now really term (he was due 9 july).

thanks for any advice!

should I be waking him 3 hourly at night?

tiktok Sun 05-Jul-09 10:34:13

chibi, this sounds well within normal - I can understand your concern, but as an occasional event, it's prob fine as long as he continues to thrive and gain weight, which you'll prob be checking anyway.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 05-Jul-09 15:59:34

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now