Talk

Advanced search

No more milk before bed for 2.6yo?

(8 Posts)
JimJammum Sat 04-Jul-09 19:50:04

My childminder has weighed my child and suggested he is heavy (so was his dad who is now spot on ideal weight). He still has 5-6 oz formula (not in a bottle or from breast btw) before bed while we do stories and books. Should I have stopped this by this age?

fucksticks Sat 04-Jul-09 19:54:49

I'd keep the milk and sack the childminder

madamy Sat 04-Jul-09 19:56:50

Childminder 'help' apart (if you are happy with his weight, then it's none of her business what he weighs), if milk helps him settle, I would continue.

Why does he still have formula? I would give him whole milk or semi-skimmed if you want to cut the calories a bit for 1 drink.

My 6yr old dd1 still likes a cup of milk at bedtime, 3.10 dd2 has just stopped milk and 2.2 ds hates the stuff so has never had milk to drink.

OonaghBhuna Sat 04-Jul-09 22:12:39

My 4year old still has milk before bed, she loves it and its her wind down cosy cuddly time before bed. I agree with FS.

shinyshoes Sat 04-Jul-09 22:17:05

my 12 year old has just had a mug of warm milk before bed. His choice not mine. He loves it.

There is nothing wrong in giving it to your LO.

I'd definately ditch the formula though and switch to semi skimmed or whole milk.

littleboyblue Sat 04-Jul-09 22:20:42

God, if he's happy with it, keep the milk. My ds1 hasn't had milk at bedtime since he was about 14 months. He doesn't really like milk and won't drink much of it. He may have 2/3 oz in the morning if I'm lucky and that's only if I add a spoon of nesquick to it. He's 2 months now btw.
a friend of mine stopped milk at bedtime with her 2 year old because her hv told her to, and her ds now 7, won't even touch a glass of milk, nevermind drink it.

shinyshoes Sat 04-Jul-09 23:11:58

sorry littleboy blue if i'm misunderstanding your post but did you say you add Nesquick to your 2mo baby's bottle??!

littleboyblue Sun 05-Jul-09 03:35:20

Oh, typo, he is 2 years. Whoops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now