Talk

Advanced search

One giant boob!

(5 Posts)
kittypink Fri 03-Jul-09 20:48:21

Hia! can anyone please help me with my giant boob problem? DD 5 months old has been refusing to breastfeed. She prefers the right side and I have tried breast compression today with my left side with some success, but most of the time she totally refuses.
All this has made my right side a lot bigger than my left.

Is there anything I can do to even them up?

Will i always be one giant boob woman? shock

dan39 Fri 03-Jul-09 20:57:09

Express a bit from the other? To use or chuuck - at least ot will ease your discomfort? you can freeze it maybe?

thisisyesterday Fri 03-Jul-09 21:01:04

have you tried holding her in the rugby ball position so she's in the same position as if she was taking the other side?

also might be worth seeing someone like a cranial osteopath or something to see if perhaps it's uncomfortable for her to lie on that side and that's why she doesn't like it

motherlovebone Fri 03-Jul-09 22:16:33

stuff the other cup?
you can bf fine from just one...
i had mastitis and contrary to advice the pain led me to feed more on the other.
they both shrank to sameish size after bf.
i think its a pretty common problem for various reasons, try not to worry.

kittypink Fri 03-Jul-09 23:16:00

I'm rubbish at expressing, it used to be fine but recently I get so little it hardly seems worth it, I'm not sure why.

I will try holding her differently i think.

I am glad to hear that they may end up the sameish size. I do look a little odd.

Thankyou for all your ideas. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now