Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is the recommended amount of formula milk per day for 4 month old?

(6 Posts)
juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:10:24

Anyone know?

hotmama Mon 16-May-05 13:24:00

I use Aptimil on the side of the box it says:

3-4 months 5 X 6ozs
4-5 months 5 X 7ozs

These are just guidelines and will depend if you have a hungry baby etc. My HV advised me to put in an extra ounce in the bottle so if babe was hungry she could guzzle it , if not it got chucked - this was good advice as every mealtime is different - better to offer more - you won't overfeed as babes just refuse or posset it back up anyway. HTH

juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:29:51

my ds has 4 x 7oz bottles a day do you think this is too little or enough? Ive started him on solids now too so that is filling him up a bit more too.

tiktok Mon 16-May-05 13:42:49

juicy, he'd be better off nutritionally on more milk rather than solids....any reason why you are starting him this early?

juicychops Mon 16-May-05 13:45:58

He started waking up in the night and also started getting hungry quicker and crying after bottles as he wasnt full. I just thought i'd give it a try. He seems happy on solids and he has stopped waking in the night.

tiktok Mon 16-May-05 14:11:50

Well.....ask your HV, and I think she will confirm that a baby of this age who seems hungrier than before needs more milk, not solids, especially as he is not having much milk compared to the 'average' baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now