Talk

Advanced search

Take it this is a growth spurt

(5 Posts)
mrsjuan Tue 30-Jun-09 09:39:29

Aghhhhhh. Last night my DD (6 weeks) fed at 4pm, 6pm 7pm and then from 7.30pm until 2.30 am and then up again at her usual 4.30am She was taking proper(suck pause suck or whatever it is) feeds for half an hour at a time only breaking off to do enormous poos all through the night.
Normally I can somehow tell when she is ready to finish and go down to sleep - in fact the night before she slept for a record 7 hours but there was no stopping her last night!
At least I got to watch the tennis smile

GruffaloMama Tue 30-Jun-09 10:23:53

sounds like it - I was always amazed that such a small creature could sustain feeding for so long! I found that after my DS went through one of these he often fed less the day after (might be tomorrow for you) - and my boobs then seemed really 'full'. I have to admit if it got uncomfortable I'd encourage him to feed a little before he was ready, though I don't know if that's the right thing to do. He never refused. wink

BTW brilliant to get 7 hours! Congrats! I hope you have a more restful night tonight.

bethdivine Tue 30-Jun-09 14:34:29

hi mrsjuan, seems like i'm keeping you company at the moment - DD (11wks) had just settled into a lovely pattern over the last couple of months of sleeping from 8.30pm - 4am, and I was starting to feel quite smug (DS 2.4 still crap sleeper) then bingo, last night, feeds at 11.30, 1.30, 3.30, 5.30 until she woke for the day and feeding a bit more today too, so I'm hoping against hope that this is the so called 12wk growth spurt and not the decline of her excellent early sleep pattern!!! fingers crossed for more sleep tonight. poor DS has had a morning of bob, now he's onto teletubbies this afternoon, I have no energy for anything else. need to drag myself off my bum into the garden with him whilst DD sleeps on the baby gym, all I've done is eat chocolate and biscuits!

kathryn2804 Tue 30-Jun-09 23:32:40

Yup, pretty likely I would say!

Will last a couple of days if you go with the flow, then you should be back to normal!

kathryn2804 Tue 30-Jun-09 23:33:00

Until the next one! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now