Talk

Advanced search

Re-starting breastfeeding after sttrike

(2 Posts)
loulou33 Mon 29-Jun-09 21:17:34

My ds2 is 9 months old and has been on milk strike (both bf and ff) for a week. I want ot know if i can start bf again after a few days break?

I stopped bfing for bedtime feed a few weeks ago as he refused to latch on and was getting so upset that i reluctantly gave him a bottle. He took to this fine. He dropped his afternoon feed 2 weeks ago and then started to get less interested in breakfast. He has had chicken pox this week and the doc has been concerned about fluid intake so i have tried giving him formula at breakfast time insatead of breast but he's only taking 2oz and this is hard work. I realy regret giving up bf and wondered if i could re-start again. I tried putting him to the breast tonight but he was not interested....i have heard people use fennel tea to help milk production but i am not sure what to do or if i am fighting a losing battle.

wuglet Mon 29-Jun-09 21:34:20

It is possible to start again....

info on relactation - how to get your supply up.

info on how to encourage him back

And if you have only stopped for a week hopefully it won't be too much of a battle.

Good luck with it!

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now