Talk

Advanced search

how much breastmilk would i need to be able to leave a 7month old so i can go to the cinema

(13 Posts)
misdee Mon 29-Jun-09 11:14:32

atm, after expressing 3 times i have 4oz hmm

how much would i be likely to need on average to be able to go out for 3 hours? dd4 usually settles around 8pm and wakes up at 11, but sometimes wakes around 9.30 for a quick feed, cuddle?

Babieseverywhere Mon 29-Jun-09 11:19:21

TBH at 7 months she might settle for water and/or a snack of solids until you return, the 4 ozs such be enought for a feed.

When I leave my massive 10 month old DS, I leave 4ozs of EBM with my DM but he just waits (5 hours once) until he is home to ask me for milk direct. For him milk definately equals mummy.

HTH

misdee Mon 29-Jun-09 11:26:43

do you think so?

i was thinking 2 x 4oz bottles. she is a milk monster. and this is the first time i;ve left her alone for longer than 20mins with dh.

Babieseverywhere Mon 29-Jun-09 11:32:07

It really depends on your baby. You need to see what happens when you leave her and see how she goes. Any chance of nipping out for a hour or so a different night, before your night out ? That way you can see how she long she will go between feeds without you there.

My DS is a total boob obsessed and feeds hourly, but surprisingly when I am not around he happily waits for me to come back and doesn't not ask for milk (he signs)

hanaflower Mon 29-Jun-09 11:45:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Tue 30-Jun-09 15:05:29

i have 5oz.

am going to feed her well before i leave at 8, try and get her settled. she is usually quite content to sit with dh in the evenings for a few hours so am not too worried.

Babieseverywhere Tue 30-Jun-09 15:51:03

Misdee, sounds like you have every organised.

Have a great time at the cinema, what are you going to see ?

Babieseverywhere Tue 30-Jun-09 15:51:28

Misdee, sounds like you have every thing organised.

Have a great time at the cinema, what are you going to see ?

misdee Tue 30-Jun-09 18:21:51

my sisters keeper.

have been waiting for this film for 2 years lol.

if tonight goes well ,then i'll start expressing for the harry potter film lol.

Babieseverywhere Tue 30-Jun-09 20:46:44

Oh, is that the film of the book by Jodi something ? Enjoy it and I hope little DD is peaceful for your DH.

kathryn2804 Tue 30-Jun-09 23:29:02

At 7 mths I would feed her just before you go out, and then feed her when you get in. Much easier! She'll be fine, and if you're not around to give her the milk, she probably won't be that fussed and will wait until you get home!

misdee Wed 01-Jul-09 07:44:28

well, she sceramed just after i left

dh mnaged to get her to take the bottle.

and then she screamed for another hour.

film was pants as well, i feel cheated

Babieseverywhere Wed 01-Jul-09 08:18:11

Sorry to hear that

If you have a Vue near you, they allow babies (under 1 year olds) free to any showing with an adult. Maybe you can take her to an early showing of the Harry Potter film.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now