Talk

Advanced search

Returning to work - 9 month old baby - How much expressed milk to leave?

(3 Posts)
aubergenie Mon 29-Jun-09 09:35:06

I'm returning to work next week and want to continue BFing so will be expressing at work. Trouble is, I've got no idea how much milk to leave for ds while I'm out.

We're doing BLW and although ds is doing well with solids, I don't think he's eating as much as he would be if he was spoon-fed. He's still quite a boob monster.

I'll be giving a big feed before I leave at around 7.30 am and then getting home around 5.30 - 6.00 pm.

Anyone done similar recently who can give advice?

CMOTdibbler Mon 29-Jun-09 10:34:43

Does he take a bottle well ? In which case I'd leave 3x 120ml (4oz) bottles, then see how he goes.

DS had 3x120ml until about 11 months I think, and didn't drop the last daytime feed until 14 months

aubergenie Mon 29-Jun-09 10:41:18

He will drink from a bottle, but we don't bother very often as I'm trying to put all my expressed milk in the freezer at the moment.

Thanks for that suggestion. That sounds like a reasonable quantity. I'll give it a try.

I'm a teacher, so only going back for 3 weeks before the holidays smile, and by September, I'm hoping he'll be taking less milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now