Talk

Advanced search

Severe wind- only 2 weeks old

(5 Posts)
Gilby Thu 25-Jun-09 20:54:20

My 2 week old slept for Britain until 3 days ago. Since then she has started becoming extremely windy after her evening feed and does not sleep for longer than half an hour in the evening- very uncomfortable and I feel awful for her. Then similar through the night and morning- finally settles for short period in afternoon. I'm breastfeeding and she only got the hang of latching on really well about 6 days ago. She gulps a bit- can I change my breastfeeding position? Also using infacol but no result yet. Gripe water says cannot use until a month old. Was producing normal yellow stools 3-4 times daily but since wind started is only producing one huge soiled nappy per day- feel if I could get her to produce more regularly the wind would get out that way rather than coming upwards. Honestly, any suggestions appreciated. Help??

Daffodilly Thu 25-Jun-09 21:37:54

Have you tried any tummy massage to help eliminate the wind and maybe produce more poos if needed?

Sympathies as DS was like this (only pooed every 10 days at one point) - it does pass though in time. Some babies just are windy and evening seems to be worst time.

Have you considered dummy to help settle? Rocking swing or chair is good to give you respite too.

Gilby Sun 28-Jun-09 11:37:30

Tried dummy last night and settled briefly but then wriggling round in discomfort again. Worst night yet. Screamed for 2 hours. Hasn't pood for 2 days and straining like she'd like to. Wanting to feed for comfort so my nipples are dying as she won't latch on like she does when actually hungry. Arching her back after feeds as no room in belly for milk, wind and poo. Have tried massage but no joy. Aaargh.

posieparker Sun 28-Jun-09 11:44:05

Arching of the back is classic acid reflux... accompanied with bringing up a feed, very miserable and pain like cry.
Make sure your baby is tummy to tummy with you and VERY close.

posieparker Sun 28-Jun-09 11:44:42

Phone your GP today and get infant Gaviscon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now