Talk

Advanced search

Does he need water too ?

(4 Posts)
Worzsel Thu 25-Jun-09 13:25:05

Ds is 6 months and fully breastfed. We started weaning a few weeks ago and he has a couple of meals a day, just puree veggies & fruit. I have noticed he's not pooing as much and that the poo he is doing is a lot more pasty, a different consistancy.

He's only tiny, 9lb 11, I know with a term baby i'd give them a beaker but he's not developed enough for that so should i give him water in a bottle with meals ?

whomovedmychocolate Thu 25-Jun-09 14:30:10

To start with offer breastmilk before all meals. Also offer water with meals - you'll be surprised how fast they can take to beakers. Once he gets to nine months or so you can offer milk afterwards rather than beforehand.

He may not poo very much if he's going through a growth spurt. If his poo is not hard and isn't causing him pain when he goes (normally indicated by a lot of yelling and turning puce) he's probably fine though

whomovedmychocolate Thu 25-Jun-09 14:31:36

Oh and consistency and colour will change don't worry - pasty is fine. Lumpy is fine too - in every colour of the rainbow should be expected. But if it starts to look like rabbit poo or has lots of mucous in it, you may have a problem

Worzsel Thu 25-Jun-09 14:34:22

Fabulous WMMC, thanks for the reassurance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now