Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone managed to keep their supply going, doing just one feed a day?

(11 Posts)
Jojay Wed 24-Jun-09 20:57:59

??

I return to work soon and won't be able to do a morning feed, as I leave too early.

I'd love to carry on in the evening though - can it be done?

Ds is nearly 8 mths now and will be 9 1/2 months when I go back.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 24-Jun-09 21:01:27

I'd carry on and see how it goes - you never know until you try!

I carried on with just one feed a day for about 6 months, but DS was older (18 months). During that time he got a sickness bug and I went back to feeding him on demand and my supply definitely went up again. My supply dropped eventually, but I think that was more to do with getting pregnant again.

hth

browntrout Wed 24-Jun-09 21:09:52

I went back to work when DD was 6 months and BF her til 20 months. Did early morning feed and then bedtime. Supply reduced but there was always plenty for her. Also, initially was feeding more at weekends, though towards the end we didnt feed at all during the day.

smallchange Wed 24-Jun-09 21:12:16

I was doing one feed a day at 12 months. A wee bit older but not much.

We stopped altogether at 14 months but I reckon it could have gone on like that indefinitely - over a year later and I can still squeeze a drop of milk out!

Bramshott Wed 24-Jun-09 21:12:52

Yes - I was only doing the bedtime feed for ages (months certainly).

Jojay Thu 25-Jun-09 12:16:32

That's encouraging.

He's not great with bottles and cups so I like to think that he'll be able to have at least one decent feed a day

Thanks smile

Snarf02 Thu 25-Jun-09 13:11:05

i have bf both of mine from a year to 19 mth sjust doing am and pm feeds. My daughter just had one side in the am and the other boob at night (i managed to keep this up as well for 3 mths of pg before she selfweaned when i was 14 wks) with my son he had both sides in am and before bed for 6 mths from yr to 18 mths and then just had evening feed for a month before i stopped feeding him. I had no supply issus and with my son woudl sometims feed him in the day if he had not had a good am feed and my boobs woudl be fine and have milk then x

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 25-Jun-09 13:17:35

Message withdrawn

Jojay Fri 26-Jun-09 08:41:20

Yes, I could probably do that - we do one now late evening and he never wakes.

Just as long as he doesn't start waking for it on my days off wink

bambipie Fri 26-Jun-09 08:46:04

I only did a bedtime feed for quite a while, was lovley.

cory Fri 26-Jun-09 09:43:45

I was down to one feed a day by 10 months. No supply issues. Dd weaned herself at 11 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now