Talk

Advanced search

Prenancy and Breastfeeding.

(5 Posts)
Deemented Tue 23-Jun-09 20:01:59

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding my 13 months old dd. I'm really struggling at the moment... my breasts are incredibly tender and my nipples are so so sensitive. It's really hurting to feed her - she's taken to biting or even chewing my nipples and if i'm not quick enough she even grabs them and twists!! I really don't know what to do - do i stop feeding her altogether? If it wasn't so painful i'd happily feed her until she self weans - even if that means tandem feeding when the new bay comes along.

Anyone got any hints or tips?

Deemented Tue 23-Jun-09 20:09:44

And i can'tspell either - i obviously meant pregnancy not prenancy. grin

PuzzleRocks Tue 23-Jun-09 21:20:37

this thread is great

PuzzleRocks Tue 23-Jun-09 21:21:59

I did find that the sensitivity had lessened by the second trimester if you can bear to wait it out. Congrats btw.

mrsgamp Tue 23-Jun-09 21:41:30

I am nursing through pregnancy for the second time and agree with PuzzleRocks that the tenderness/sensitivity/downright excrutiating agony(!) does get much easier. I have found that the nipping, tweeking etc may not! Both my DC became 'restless' for a while when I first became pregnant - I'm sure there was a significant reduction in milk and probably change in taste - and I have experienced periods of increased biting coinciding with teething. These episodes do pass thankfully!

Have you heard of the book 'Adventures in Tandem Nursing' by Hilary Flower? It is a fantastic read and covers b/f-ing during pregnancy as well as tandem feeding afterwards if that's what you choose to do.

Oh, there's also a support thread on here for mums who are pregnant and nursing.

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now