Talk

Advanced search

LILYPADZ - Anyone used them? Really undecided if I should buy a pair or not?

(10 Posts)
massivebump Mon 22-Jun-09 18:44:41

Hi All

I'm undecided about buying Lilypadz. Has anyone else used them? I'd really appreciate your comments.

I'm worried about spending out on them & they don't work for me. I'm on baby No3, due any time now, and with No1 & No2 I breastfed and had huge milk supply wit No1 but with No2 it wasn't so huge, I seemed to regulate really early on. On reading all the info I can find they sound like they'll be suitable but who knows?!

Hope you can help, thanks

DitaVonCheese Mon 22-Jun-09 19:34:43

I loved mine before I had DD (!) - I leaked a teeny amount and they were great. Once she arrived though they would just fill up with milk on one side while I fed from the other so I stopped using them. Might be okay now but (a) I'm a bit paranoid and (b) they have lost most of their stick after being covered in fluff in a drawer blush

If you're not too leaky then they may be worth a go. You do need to replace them after a few months though I think so that's something to take into account (they are pricey!).

If you want a not all that sticky pair to try out then I'll happily send you mine! You can boil them to sterilise them

Rhian82 Tue 23-Jun-09 16:40:46

I've got a similar experience - loved them most of the time, but right at feed time and when feeding they would fill up and leak. And if a normal breastpad leaks you get a little seep out, but if the seal on a Lilypad goes you get a gush!

undomesticatedgoddess Tue 23-Jun-09 16:50:40

I found the same with lily padz and was a bit shocked when I realised they didn't last long as Dita says.

I now keep mine for 'best' when I don't want bulky pads so use them quite infrequently.

(I never ever in my life thought I'd have a pair of 'best' breast pads - it's a slippery slope!)

alittlebitshy Tue 23-Jun-09 18:52:20

I use mine at night (use washable pads in the day). They are brillaint imo. They are less sticky than they were at the start but I do still have to peel them off for a feed so they can't be that bad.

When i was leaking a lot at night -( it went on for months and month, longer than most people i spoke too) they managed to stem the dlow longer than the disposables I was using at night beforehand....

I got mine in October and they are still fine!! that's 8 months of life so far for them.

RubyBlueberry Fri 14-Aug-09 23:25:11

New stickier ones available now on ebay - better than the first type.

It..er.. depends on how thoroughly you wash them as to how long the stickiness stays.

Absolutely adored mine, used only at night though, or if I was going out and didn't want bulky pad!

Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 14-Aug-09 23:28:22

they did work for me in that they physically stopped the milk coming out but I found that I got engorged very quickly - I came to the conclusion that maybe the milk needs to escape somehow. Mind ending up gathering fluff in a drawer but I was super milky, maybe if you're not over-flowing they would suit you better.

RubyBlueberry Fri 14-Aug-09 23:57:20

Agree - no good for first 3 months, or at least until your milk has settled but after that they are fab.

AnnieLobeseder Sat 15-Aug-09 00:14:46

I had a pair and they were lovely. I used them in the beginning when my washable pads couldn't quite cope, and also for night-time.

I think they're one of those things that you can't be sure will work for you until you try them, but I would recommend them.

hanaflower Sat 15-Aug-09 18:56:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now