Talk

Advanced search

Can you buy ready-made formula cartons in Spain?

(11 Posts)
BlackberryFool Mon 22-Jun-09 11:48:10

Message withdrawn

helenlouisey Mon 22-Jun-09 12:05:19

I have exactly the same question for Italy. The cartons will be so much easier for days at the beach :-) My DS drinks Aptamil and also SMA gold.

itwasntme Mon 22-Jun-09 12:09:31

Yes, but not that many brands.

You can get Nidina in ready-mixed cartons, which is one of the most popular brands here - it's not sold in the UK though.

Haven't seen Aptamil in ready mixed cartons, but it's possible. I'll have a quick look later if you like.

Wheelybug Mon 22-Jun-09 12:12:06

When Dd1 was a baby (4 years ago) I was told that 'European' formula was a different mix of whey/cassein than UK formula (ours in more heavily one and in 'Europe' its the other way round) so best to take your own. Don't know if this was C&G trying to make money or not though grin. But if you knwo you can get the same brand then would have thought it would be ok !

BlackberryFool Mon 22-Jun-09 12:47:07

Message withdrawn

itwasntme Mon 22-Jun-09 13:39:13

Hi again, I have never seen Alemeron. But you can buy Aptamil at bigger supermarkets and most pharmacies. Looks a bit different though:

www.alimentacion.carrefour.es/Media/ProdImages/Produit/Images/363.gif

Smaller supermarkets tend to just have Nidina and Hero

Boiled tap water is fine to use to mix formula where I am, but a lot of other mothers use bottled water.

hth

BlackberryFool Mon 22-Jun-09 14:58:20

Message withdrawn

CherryChoc Mon 22-Jun-09 19:37:32

This is a really useful site which tells you what milks and brands of food are available in which countries:
www.babyworld.co.uk/features/summertime/sum_essentials.asp

LenniEd Mon 22-Jun-09 21:43:48

We bought Aptamil in Barcelona last year - but it was powdered, no cartons available. It was ridiculously expensive - almost twice the cost of here. Not sure if this was because we were in a city or not but given the Euro I'd take your own if you want that brand. The other formula was cheaper.

We were also advised by our HV here to use bottled water - but you'll need to buy it to or your DS anyway and is pretty cheap to buy a big pack of it from the supermarket so not really all that much hassle.

LenniEd Mon 22-Jun-09 21:44:47

"you'll need to buy it for your DS anyway"

MatNanPlus Mon 22-Jun-09 21:49:28

Aptamil is available in cartons/bottles in Italy but it is divided into ages 0-4m / 4-7m / 7-12m but the 0-4 is very similar to UK Aptamil 1.

If using bottled water check the sodium as some are very high, in italy you also get baby mineral water from Sanitaria - baby shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now