Talk

Advanced search

I love this breastfeeding book. May have moved into my top 3 of all time...

(10 Posts)
Tambajam Sun 21-Jun-09 17:51:45

Anyone else read 'The Food of Love' by Kate Evans?
I just got it at the ABM conference where she spoke for 10 minutes and showed some cartoons.

I just raced through it in the last 24 hours.

It is incredibly funny and has a ton of good bfing info. I used to give 'The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding' or 'So that's what they're for' to new mums but I think Food of Love may now have top-billing.

Elliemama Sun 21-Jun-09 18:33:14

I saw this on Amazon and thought of buying it for my sil who's due soon... Do you think this kind of pressie goes down well or do you think its a bit intimate for some. I don't want to offend her!!? i don't really know her that well!

FaintlyMacabre Sun 21-Jun-09 18:40:52

I saw this the other day and thought it looked great. If your SIL is of an, erm, lentil-weavery persuasion then this would be ideal. Not sure I'd dare give it to a GF fan!

AnarchyAunt Sun 21-Jun-09 18:48:35

It is fab isn't it!

Kate Evans has done some other wonderful cartoon books - we have Copse which is a histoy of the road protest movement.

Tambajam Mon 22-Jun-09 06:40:09

I agree it would appeal to lentil knitters but not exclusively. 2/3 of mums who bf end up co-sleeping at some point so it's certainly not a minority sport. The bf advice appeals to anyone who is bfing. Wouldn't the diehard lentil weavers be experiencing bfing as a spiritual moment rather an opportunity to pick up the remote and work through the boxset (as advised)?
Probably not for the type who employs a maternity nurse overnight - but would they be bfing anyway?

StealthPolarBear Mon 22-Jun-09 14:20:16

I think she came on MN a month or so ago advertising it

foxytocin Mon 22-Jun-09 15:33:59

it is the perfect antidote for the Politics of Breastfeeding, methinks.

a good laugh after all the depressing but necessary reporting.

AnarchyAunt Mon 22-Jun-09 20:04:41

See I don't think it is particularly lentil weavery at all.

Deeply practical IMO.

For example

MrsMotMot Tue 23-Jun-09 08:33:08

I think it's fantastic and am recommending it lots! Really really good. And funny. You need a bit of funny in those early days- we were watching so much BBC news 24 at one point at like 3am that DH went out and bought a stand up comedy DVD. It was such a great, tension relieving purchase!

Anyway, back to the Food of Love: tip top.

hanaflower Tue 23-Jun-09 19:18:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now