Talk

Advanced search

When should you be worried about a baby throwing up?

(4 Posts)
BettyFriedan Sat 20-Jun-09 22:20:13

DD (4.5 months) in the last couple of weeks has started throwing up a lot more, both straight after meals and sometimes a fair while afterwards. I seem to be putting mine and her clothes in the washing maching constantly - both of us are getting through 2-3 outfits a day despite use of muslins, bibs etc.
She gets distressed when she has wind and arches her back, sometimes in the night but is otherwise a happy little soul and is gaining weight ok (on the 50th percentile)
But I'm worrying she has reflux and I should be doing something about it.

johnworf Sun 21-Jun-09 21:45:34

Have you taken her to see your GP to get a diagnosis? Sounds to me like reflux. If it is, you'll need to get some Infant Gaviscon to put in her milk. Try sleeping her propped up slightly. Put heavy, thick books under the top end legs of her cot. Any lying down flat will increase the reflux.

Make an appointment or speak to your HV smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 21-Jun-09 21:51:27

Reflux sounds like the obvious answer, could also be a dairy intolerance.

cbmum Sun 21-Jun-09 22:20:12

I tried making sure my DD was kept as upright as possible for about 30 mins after eating which seemed to help. We've just taken her cot bocks off though as her reflux seems to have passed so it can improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now