Talk

Advanced search

Come cheer up me and my swollen nipple

(8 Posts)
Juwesm Sat 20-Jun-09 19:03:03

I've been suffering from recurrent blocked ducts for the last month or so. Left side blocked up again yesterday. All the previous times there has been an obvious milk blister, and LO has been able to unblock it within 24 hours. This time there is no blister, the breast is full and swollen, but not as painful as before, but the end of the nipple/ areola is very swollen, lumpy and deformed. It doesn't seem to return to normal shape after feeding/ pumping, and blanches white when he's feeding. He is really not keen on feeding from that side and keeps twisting, which doesn't help! For the first time I really feel like just giving up on the breasts and hitting the formula, and am feeling miserable. Cheer me up please!

Marthasmama Sat 20-Jun-09 19:12:12

Hello, I have sympathy for your swollen nipple. Awww poor lefty. Is your let down fast? Sometimes they bend the nipple to stop the flow, dd did that lots when she was little. Now it's not fast enough and she gets in a mood. Keep up the good work, you know it's worth it in the end. You've done so well to keep going with ds's slow weight gain and you know it will get better.

Awwww.... I was going to see if the world's biggest penis programme from last night was on catch up but alas, it's not. That would have cheered you....

Juwesm Sat 20-Jun-09 19:23:06

That would have cheered me up, thanks MM grin. Perhaps I will just imagine it!

Let down generally not particularly fast. Think he is doing it just to torment me sad

Juwesm Sat 20-Jun-09 19:34:31

Oh bloody hell. Really need to empty this boob now! Where is that Chris Cleave twunt and his quick-release breast valve?

Marthasmama Sat 20-Jun-09 19:44:02

Ah, if you lived nearby I'd lend you dd. She is very good at emptying boobs! Tut, naughty ds, playing with his food. wink

Hmmm, just skimmed read the article, indeed what a twunt!

Juwesm Sat 20-Jun-09 19:47:07

Ah, I could be your very own Selma!

<<reveals further stalking tendencies>>

Marthasmama Sat 20-Jun-09 20:25:16

shock I'll calling the police!! I stalk you too. I feel like I know the April 2009 lot but obviously.....I don't! blush

Juwesm Sat 20-Jun-09 21:00:47

Well, you did come second to NL in the lurking stakes, so you must know them a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now