Talk

Advanced search

Could you get into your old bras post-pregnancy and breastfeeding?

(19 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Sat 20-Jun-09 16:31:46

I am having a clearout and have just found two bags of my gorgeous <sob> pre-pregnancy smalls. I've gone up two or three cup sizes since then. Bearing in mind that we are planning to start ttc DC2 relatively soon, and that I'm still breastfeeding DD, is there any point hanging on to it, or should I bin it and treat myself in a few years' time?

PeppermintPatty Sat 20-Jun-09 16:34:45

No I'm a cup size or two bigger, despite being almost eaxtly the same weight as before

I still have my old bras in storage though just in case I ever get back into them [hopeful].

LittleMammaTo2 Sat 20-Jun-09 16:46:13

peppermintpatty, lucky you. After BF DD my boobs had all but disappeared. Am now BF DS and would love to think I could hold onto them but imagine they will be even smaller this time around sad

asicsgirl Sat 20-Jun-09 19:40:48

i fitted back into mine the first time round (eventually- though it took a few months once I'd finished bf). We will see this time as I am still feeding ds2.

DitsyMe Sat 20-Jun-09 21:06:16

if only I could still fill them!

DitaVonCheese Sun 21-Jun-09 00:28:17

RIP nice bras

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 21-Jun-09 08:05:59

I put mine in bundles on ebay (the ones that were decent obviously) and used the money to buy some new ones. Then got pregnant again lol.

There are some lovely ones out there now a lot cheaper. See it as a treat once you have stopped smile

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 21-Jun-09 08:07:14

Oh I should have said I was a size bigger when I stopped - but, as a jealous caring friend told me, that was because I was heavier than I was pre pregnancy hmm

DitaVonCheese Sun 21-Jun-09 10:31:09

Lol how kind!

Have packed the most beautful away on the off-chance, some (with tags blush) going on ebay, rest to a clothes bin. Sigh. It wouldn't be so bad if most pregnancy/nursing bras weren't so UTTERLY UTTERLY hideous

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 21-Jun-09 20:12:33

HOT MILK!! Buy yourself some decent nursing bras. If you are going to feed for a while, and if you are planning on having more children then get yourself some lovely bras. Yes they are expensive but if you search around on the net you can get them on sale- they are pretty / sexy, lovely materials, supportive...look like bras but are nursing ones!

I show everyone mine whether they like it or not!

DitaVonCheese Sun 21-Jun-09 22:21:37

Ha ha - I have been known to show mine off too! I do have a couple of HM ones (bought when I find them half price) - I spent most of my pregnancy reeling at how foul maternity underwear is (either comes ludicrously high up my chest and massive, or only in pastels and sprig florals like I'm a bloody eight year old virgin - when it should be perfectly obvious that I am not - or just plain and horrid, and what is up with the no bloody matching knickers? Vile vile vile) so was determined to have some nice nursing things. But they are still not as pretty as my other stuff, plus more expensive, plus not as varied

MG72 Sun 21-Jun-09 22:29:04

If it's any consolation (sp?) I did get back into my bras after DS1 stopped bfeeding, even though I was rather heavier than prior.... I am hoping to achieve that again this time (currently bfeeding my twins girls) but MUST stop eating chocolate if I am to have any success.

Maternity/feeding bras do NOT come in pretty/sexy or lovely in my size... in fact almost none come in my size... anyone got a bin bag to hand I could cut up

mummypig Sun 21-Jun-09 22:30:37

I have treated myself to three sets of HotMilk bras and matching knickers and they do go a long way towards making me feel sexy, although I am sorry DVC, they are still too high up my chest and not really the best shape for me. I would love someone to do a balconette nursing bra but they all seem to be full or 3/4 cup.

I still have some pre-kids bras in storage just in case I fit into them after ds3 weans. I suspect they won't fit, though, as they probably weren't the right size for me in the first place. I have learned a lot about bra fitting in the last 7 yrs.

PacificDogwood Sun 21-Jun-09 22:32:07

Got back into old bras about 1-2 months after DS3 stopped BFing.

Not sure that is a Good Think though, as they are quite grey hmm... But oh so comfy wink

GreenMonkies Sun 21-Jun-09 22:35:13

I was 32DD pre-preg, was 32G by the time I was 9 weeks preggers, and 6 years (of continuous breastfeeding) later I am still a 32F, was a 32E at my slimmest (but was too thin really) and am still only a size 12 everywhere else, was a 14 pre-preg!

Once my boobs had settled and stopped ballooning between feeds, so about 10-12 months into it, I bought a couple of nice, wired normal bras and converted them using the catches etc from the nasty nursing bras. It gave me nice, well supported boobs and I haven't worn a proper "nursing" bra since. As DD2 is now 3 and only nurses a few times a day, predominantly at sleep times, I just drop my bra strap and hoist my boob over the top of the cup, or, if I'm wearing a short-sleeved top I might slip the strap off all together. I am currently wearing Katy Price t-shirt bra's, they give good shape, support and look quite good, and of course, come in the "small ribs-big boobs" sizes that I need!

I still look at my old Wonderbras now and then and sigh nostalgically, but to be fair big bras are getting prettier, especially if you go for something that isn't actually a dedicated nursing or maternity bra.

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 21-Jun-09 22:38:50

GM - do I take it from that post that your dd1 has stopped bf now?

PrettyCandles Sun 21-Jun-09 22:44:51

When I stopped feeding dcs1 and 2 I was a cup size bigger after each baby. Still bfing dc3, so I don't know what size I will end up, but I've wrapped up only the nicest of my post-dc2 bras and tucked them away at the very back of the wardrobe. Chucked all the everyday ones.

GreenMonkies Mon 22-Jun-09 09:55:32

" By CantSleepWontSleep on Sun 21-Jun-09 22:38:50
GM - do I take it from that post that your dd1 has stopped bf now? "

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Oh you are funny! But she is down to just a slurp in the morning now, and says she will stop completely when she's 6, in August. But then when she was 3 she said she was going to stop when she was 4, and when she was 4 she said she was going to stop when she was 5....... hmm

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 22-Jun-09 11:16:36

Ah, I was surprised when I thought she had! I've also managed to cut dd down to just mornings, although a couple of days after giving up her bedtime feed she did decide that she didn't want to give up anymore hmm.

Can't help with question btw OP, as have never given up bf, but breasts haven't really grown much since pre pregnancy anyway (they were ginormous to start with).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now