Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have just fed 4month 1ounce of cows milk by mistake

(7 Posts)
hummingbird123 Thu 12-May-05 19:20:24

help - my friend has come over for the evening and her son is two and on cows milk....some how (god knows how) my husband took wrong bottle (both on avent bottles) and fed my 4 month d's about half an ounce of the wrong bottle......

I am a 1st time mum, I gave d's her normal bottle after so cows milk will be diluted.......

Is half an ounce anything to worry about!??!

Mud Thu 12-May-05 19:21:03

No

don't worry

if it bothers him he'll puke it up

but he will be fine

Satine Thu 12-May-05 19:23:04

I read somewhere recently that cow's milk isn't dangerous but just too low in many minerals and trace elements and sometimes not quite as pure as you might like so that's why it's not given to babies under one year. I don't think it's actually poisonaous to little babies - after all formula is made from it! But I'm no expert, hopefully someone here will know!

Gobbledigook Thu 12-May-05 19:24:24

Nothing to worry about - it won't do any harm, it's just not suitable as a first milk because it doesn't have all the components in it that your baby needs.

strugstu Thu 12-May-05 19:27:23

i dont think it will be a problem after all u can introduce cows milk into there diet from six months anyway (just not as the main source of nutruition) at worst it MIGHT upset his tummy and change his stools but to be honest i dont think he will notice that small amount.

hummingbird123 Thu 12-May-05 19:36:55

thanks everyone sooo much for putting my mind at rest I was on the verge of ringing the NHS helpline!! Thanks for your quick responses to. Since she has gone to bed I have been checking her every 10 mins worried!!!!! I can calm down now

Seona1973 Thu 12-May-05 20:58:08

just remember that formula is made from cows milk so your lo has already been exposed to cows milk protein and has been ok. That small amount of proper cows milk is unlikely to cause a problem so please dont worry too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now