Talk

Advanced search

Can you put bottles in the dishwasher??

(10 Posts)
sweetbean Thu 18-Jun-09 13:33:28

Just a really quick on e i stopped sterilizing DD bottles about 2 months ago and just wonderd if they can be washed in the dishwasher without me having to scrub them ?? as it would certainly cut down on my never ending list of things to do every day !

Thanks xxxx

Seona1973 Thu 18-Jun-09 13:41:13

yes you can put them in the dishwasher but they may turn a bit orangey if you wash them with anything that has had a tomato based sauce on it.

KathrynAustin Thu 18-Jun-09 13:41:27

Yes definitely! I used to put them in the dishwasher before sterilizing, now DS2 is older they go straight into the dishwasher then used. You can buy containers that hold a few bottles at a time which fit into the dishwasher so that you don't lose any of the components!

VeraChuckandDave Thu 18-Jun-09 13:43:40

I did. Only downside I found was that the markings on the side soon got scratched off by doing so (I had to measure out on a weighing scales that has a liquids option instead).

LovelyTinOfSpam Thu 18-Jun-09 13:57:30

I would but would probably give them a quick rinse with tap water to get any dishwasher tablet residue off IYSWIM.

sweetbean Thu 18-Jun-09 14:01:47

Thank you ladies can't wait to free up 15-20 mins of my day grin xxxxxxx

sweetbean Thu 18-Jun-09 16:24:28

ooh just thought can they go anywhere or do they need to be on the top/bottom rack ??

Thanks again xx

sweetbean Thu 18-Jun-09 16:52:41

anyone? smile

babyhouse Thu 18-Jun-09 16:59:58

Hi, have always put mine on top but dont think it should matter

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 18-Jun-09 17:02:13

I have one of those plastic boxes for the teats. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now